Monday, January 21, 2019

Fiber Monday 204: Kirby Has Feet

Welcome to the week I worked on feet. I did end up finding my fuchsia twist yarn that I wanted to use for Kirby's feet - it was in front of my tv, underneath VHS copies of Creature and House on Haunted Hill. Which are right above my box of meh mint hot chocolate K-cups... I might need to clean up a bit :|

As always, here's the pattern we're working from. I did the feet today!

I'll be honest - I don't enjoy doing chain-based circles.
I don't have the eyes for it.
It's easier for me to just... do a magic circle with the right amount of Single crochet stitches.
Unfortunately for me, I decided to follow the pattern 100%.
It wasn't that bad, at least.

I actually love increasing & decreasing in single crochet.
It's fairly easy and simple to keep track of.
When you're increasing off of a chain, though, it can be a bit fraught.
I have a hard time seeing the back bump of each chain.

i think I'm just going to have to give up on the zoom function of my phone...

By now, this is round 4 (including the chain round).
If you're wondering about the inc 3 notation in the pattern, I'm not a fan of it either, but I don't know how to write it better, so I have no suggestions.
I guess we just suffer :P

You may also notice by Round 5 that these feet are oblong.
This is good.
Feet don't tend to be spheres, after all.

It did say to leave a long tail... it just seems like it's not in the right place, you know?

Now it's making me think of the top of a cupcake!

Since the last two rounds are literally just decreasing around, you end up with an oblong blob.
Make 2. We'll be stuffing and assembling next week!
Hopefully I'll figure out the eyes then...
We'll see...
I'd just like to say this:

I am awful - truly wretched - at embroidery and sewing in general. I can make basic repairs (sewing on buttons, closing seams, etc) but I'm not very adept at making thread to what I want.

Kirby's gonna have an interesting face to go with his swirly shoes.

Go Enjoy Something, I guess!
FC :P

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!