Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Talk About Tuesday 205

Well, this is a tenacious illness, I'll give it that much. I'm still coughing, though less today than yesterday. I've been lucky enough that my hearing is still mostly intact (or as much as it ever is), and I haven't been sneezing as much as Z. Poor Z has been having a really rough go with this cold or whatever it is.

I've been taking a lot of my own advice - plenty of liquids, eating mostly good food (pizza last night doesn't count because some of it had jalapenos...), and trying to sleep.

Sleep is the hardest part, to be honest. I've mostly been crashing around 4AM and waking up around 10... that's not enough. That's about 6 hours of sleep when I should be getting 8.

I should try harder :P

As for my writing goals... uh... no. I haven't met this month's quota at all. I hope I can actually get some writing done before February, but I'm not holding my breath. It's very hard to concentrate on my writing when my laptop keeps trying to do updates and launches itself off a cliff every couple days. Apparently it has forgotten how to actually reboot. Hooray. I mean, I can shut it down and then turn it back on no problem. It just can't "restart" restart. At all.

Also, I'm just having a hard time finishing the beginning of the story. How can I focus on getting the grumpy writer into her house when I know there are cannibals and vehicular graveyards and sentient laboratory wolf-dogs running around?! I want to write about cannibals and sentient wolf-dogs!!! But I need to get there first. I haven't earned the crazy yet.

As for the backup story, that one's going to be pretty sedate by comparison. And it has a scene where a professional wrestler beats someone unconscious with a metal chair in a parking lot which leads to a 9-year-old designing lucha masks for them.  Yeah. The first story is so bonkers that that seems tame by comparison.

That being said, I can't wait to get to work on everything.

  • Tomorrow, I'll be writing about wrestling - don't know what yet.
  • Thursday I'll draw either more Dedbert or some bubbles.
  • Friday I get to talk about a batcrap insane movie involving a Canadian folk rocker, a heavily modified jet, what feels like every famous tv actor ever, Rutger Hauer, and Death Metal.
  • Saturday will probably involve one of the weird idle games I've been playing
  • Sunday I'll talk about the really weird tea I tried and maybe the hotpot I'm making today.
  • Monday will be my hilarious attempts at face-construction for Kirby plus I might figure out how to make a poll about what to make next. I would love suggestions, btw.
So that's all from me today, and I've gotta run!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!