Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Talk About Tuesday 201

Happy New Year!

You may have noticed a change in the numbering today, and that's because I'm going to be moving this lovely blog into its second official "season" a little early. 201 means Season/Year Two, Week One. Hopefully I'll stick to this numbering and it keeps making sense to me.

We'll see.

So.

2018 is officially over and we're at the dawn of a new Year. Or the noon of the first day. Oops. Sorry, guys, I had an errand to run, a shower to take, and coffee to drink. Had to push the blog to later in the day :P.

Good riddance to 2018.

Yeah, it had its good points - Z & I made some incredible food, we watched some great movies (one of which I'll discuss on Friday), we went to that awesome Lewiston show, I learned more about crochet and writing and art, and more - but it also, it was kinda a poopsplosion at points.

So here's to 2019, a year in which I plan to:


  • Make more crochet projects for Fiber Monday (and/or as gifts to people)
  • Focus on my writing by writing 1500 words a week on two different stories
  • Figure out what the heck All Elite Wrestling is going to be like and enjoy the ride
  • Make 52 pieces of artwork and play around with color more
  • Watch more good (or really bad) movies and/or MST3K/riffs
  • Play more fun games and maybe learn how to use that Twitch thing to let you see what I'm playing sometimes!
  • Cook 52 more meals, hopefully this time sticking with the "survival" part of Survival Sunday instead of trying to make ridiculously complicated things.
  • Love more
  • Fear less
  • Get some exercise in
  • Read more books that aren't High Fantasy (though I do love some fantasy)
  • Give more hugs
  • Try to set up a store of some kind, whether on Etsy or Redbubble or something like that
Now, as for my 1500 words a week, my main story goal will be 1k per week on a story Z & I are calling "Byrd", though I doubt that's going to be the final title. It's about an author who moves into a remote area where their closest neighbor (Byrd) is a cannibal who may or may not actually be a wendigo. The other 500 words are reserved for a story I've just started working on that I'm calling "Butters Ridge." This story is about a craftsman living in an old hotel who takes on a new wrestling company as his latest client, creating their belts for them (among other things). I may change the title to "Gimmicksmith" or something like that. I don't know yet.

I'm excited to see the good things 2019 has in store for me, but please forgive me if I approach with extreme caution.

2018 was rough, and it has conditioned me to expect the worst.

So.

Hopefully Happy New Year, everyone!

And Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!