Monday, December 31, 2018

Fiber Monday 29: New Year New Project

So, I mentioned last week that I wanted to make some Amigurumi this year!

So I'm starting with one that I thought would be pretty easy.

It's Kirby!

Now, to be fair, I've only gotten to halfway through his body, but he's made of basic shapes, and so far, it's all been increases and single crochet, so if you can do single crochet and increases, you'll be 100% fine, so grab your pink worsted weight (#4) yarn and a 3.5mm hook and try hooking along with me!

Uh... I couldn't make the original start to this project work, FYI, so I used the Magic Ring approach (make a loop, then crochet around the loop, pull tight, ta-da, a ring!) Hopefully, that doesn't mean I've botched it :|

So, this ring is what they say you're supposed to start with.
I couldn't get things to work right, so I gave up.
If you can follow the pattern (ch 5, make into a ring with a sl st) more power to you!

This is the tight little ring I made with the magic ring.
The starter is 5sc.

inc 4 times, then 3sc in the last st

Here's where things get a bit weird.
Since this is in a base of 5 with abnormal increases, we have to go from 11 stitches around to 16.
This means we:
inc, sc 2, then [inc, sc,] 4 times (16 st)

sc 2, inc, sc 3, then [inc, sc 2] three times, then inc (21 st)

This is the next round, though the blog calls it "rounds".
Basically, we're making a pink blob.

Personally, I think this looks a bit inappropriate...

Also, it's not very dynamic to photograph...

Should this go see a doctor? Lookin a bit lumpy...

It almost looks like a hat, tbh

Now, be aware, I've done all the way to the center of this first part of the project...
This is round 10 of 13 so far...

Round 11

Round 12

Round 13 is honestly the easiest. It's just straight single crochet around.
45 single crochet stitches in a nice clean circle.
And yes, I've been snickering most of this time.
Aside from the... mammarian appearance of Kirby's head, this is a pretty simple project so far!

Hopefully finishing the head and then making the feet & arms won't kick my butt too hard. I will admit to a great deal of trepidation regarding his face - I'm garbage at embroidery & sewing!!!

Thankfully, however, I have finally found my plastic yarn needle, so I shouldn't have to do that thing where I desperately hook into the project to basically sew it together, but messy.

That's all for me for this year. Wow. 2018 is finally over.

What a relief.

Happy New Year, everyone,

and go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!