Monday, December 24, 2018

Fiber Monday 29: Snow-el

Yup. I've finished my flakes!

Here's a peek at what it took to starch the little suckers, and hopefully next week I'll start working on something new... maybe an amigurumi!!!

As you can see, I utilized an Umai crate and a large number of pins for this project.
I rested the box at an angle, pinned on the snowflake, and sprayed it with spray starch I found in the cellar.
No way was I going to make my own starch. That looks miserable.

In the end, the flakes all came out pretty well, and I've got them bundled off to the proper people (happy holidays, relatives!)

I had to make two of the pins, and they weren't very sturdy, but all I had left was a little jeweler's wire, so that's what I used. Be bold in your projects, I say!

The last one isn't quite dry yet, but it goes to my father's mother. Hopefully, she likes it!

Also hopefully, it doesn't get all wrinkled up, since I couldn't pin it (I ran out of pins & time).

It looks alright though, so I'll let you know later how it looks.

Tonight being Christmas Eve, I hope everyone celebrating can have a wonderful time doing whatever it is they're doing.

May your days be merry and bright
And may all your Christmasses be white! (Even if you have to make it yourself!)

Now Go Enjoy Something!
FC

Grumpy Christmas Kitty demands it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!