Monday, December 10, 2018

Fiber Monday 27: Snowfall Accumulating

I made two more flakes today. One was based off of the same pattern from last week, and the other can be found here (I made the Large).

Snowflake C went as follows:

Round 1 was treble crochet with 2 chain spaces

Round 2 was single crochets and longer chains (ch7 I think?)

Round 3 could've been its own snowflake if I'd stopped here, but I didn't.
This one was complex, with slip stitches, single, double, and triple crochet stitches, chain spaces, and a few picots!

The final round was a lot of slip stitches, single crochet, and picots of 3 to 5 chains!

Now, for the next snowflake, I went to the other pattern and worked on the "large" size, though I still made it tiny with thread and my trusty 1.75mm hook. Because I can't find my 1.5mm hook...

This pattern was written in UK terminology, so I almost botched it by actually doing trebles.
Treble = Double in US terms, so instead, it's ch3 and 11dc in a magic ring.

I somehow skipped the second round, which was to make 2dc, ch 1 in between each dc.
The Third round was even weirder, since it was 3dc in some spaces, then you dc, ch 4, dc in others, alternating around.
As you can see, I went from multiples of 12 to 6 loops and 6 straightaways.

The last round was actually the easiest, consisting of mostly single crochet.
For the pretty loopy bits, it was 2sc, ch3, ss (slip stitch), ch 5, ss, ch3, 2sc.
Apparently this is called a "trefoil".
Pretty.
So now I'm up to 5 snowflakes and next week will likely be my last chance to finish up. Hmm...

I think I have a few more in me... we'll see :P

That's all from me today - I should probably go get some lunch!

Go Enjoy Something!!!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!