Saturday, December 8, 2018

Saturday Casual Gaming 26: Rogue Fable III

Oh look! A threequel!
Game: Rogue Fable III
Developer(s): Justin_Wang123
Platform: PC (Kongregate)
Style(s): Pixel, RPG, Dungeon-Crawler, Turn-Based, Roguelike

I love dungeon crawlers. It's my downfall as a DM that I love dungeon crawling way more than my player characters. I like how straightforward they are, I like that they're easy to get rewards out of, and I like that they're usually fairly linear. That's not to say that I don't love a good storytelling campaign - I'm just not as good at DMing those.

So when I play RPGs, I love me a good dungeon crawl.

Rogue Fable III is (obviously) the third in a series of dungeon crawling roguelike RPGs, and when I say roguelike, I mean that all deaths are final (make a new character) and the combat is turn-based. It's a simple game to pick up, but I still haven't really gotten anywhere in it. Why? Because I'm not very good at it :P

Hey, I just like the games, I'm not always gonna succeed at them!

So, your choices for character are as follows: Warrior, Barbarian, Rogue, Ranger, Fire Mage, Storm Mage, Ice Mage, Necromancer, and Enchanter.

I stink at all of them.

This is a warrior, btw

I don't do the "optimum character build" thing that super-intense gamers do. I don't have the head or patience for it. Heh. I'm a filthy casual, after all.

Regardless, this is a really fun game, most levels seems to be randomly generated, and the whole experience is really fun (if a bit frustrating for those of us who suck at staying alive). The enemies are pretty neat, and the art is adorable!

I haven't been here, yet, and this person has a much higher-level Ice Mage than I've ever managed!
All in all, this is a fantastic game, and I strongly encourage you to check it out on Kongregate, but if you can't stand the anthill, then apparently, it's going to pop up on Steam eventually!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!