Monday, January 28, 2019

Fiber Monday 205: Kirby Assembled

Well, it's finally stuffed & sewn, but I haven't braved giving poor Kirby a face yet. I'm seriously considering just finding some felt and doing that instead of trying (terribly) to embroider one on...

As for stuffing, you want to jam your fluff into the body, feet, and arms as firmly as you can. With this particular design, the openings are so. freaking. small. that it's really hard to get the fluff in, but you can eventually jam it in with, say, a fingertip. My finger is small, so it was possible to get the stuffing in, but it took me an hour. You may want to use a dowel or something to stuff these things. Also, don't just reach in there and grab your polyfill or whatever out of the bag without checking first. I've found things like sewing needles in new bags. I'm sure that's just because of weird shipping or packaging errors. Heck, last time it could've been from me storing my sewing & stuffing materials together. Point is: be careful. Look before you bury your fingers in the floof.

When trying to hide yarn & also secure it better, make sure to put the yarn through the center of a stitch.
Slip your needle behind the v-shaped stitch and pulled it through.

And then pull your yarn through, pull it tight, and then snip the excess off!

The only advice I can give you for sewing on limbs is to eyeball it.
It's gonna look wonky on the first few stuffed things you make.
That's just how it goes.
We'll consider our Kirby a practice round for future amigurumi!

When attaching limbs, I find it easiest to just... jam your needle between stitches.
It's weird.

As you can see, I eventually brought the ends of the foot-tails up through the body and left them hanging out of the top.
You can snip yours off if you want - I'm leaving them for now on purpose.

I attached one arm here and eventually left the tail hanging out.
It's not perfect, but it's there!

Both arms & legs are attached now!
Now, which side should I put his face on?
This side with the strings (which I'll snip before I put his face on)?

Or this one?
Let me know which side to put the face on!

Now Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!