Saturday, January 26, 2019

Saturday Casual Gaming 205: Slidey Block Puzzle

I am still sick. It's not good. Ugh.

Thankfully, the Google app store has me covered with a bunch of games to let me be awake but still full of derp and have limited to no punishment for my derpiness.

From publishers Habby and Mavis Games, this is Slidey Block Puzzle.

And yes, the whole game is that cute.

I don't quite know how to describe this game, to be honest. It's a bit like if Tetris and a children's book had a weird, adorable baby. You slide blocks horizontally and try to make a complete row. Every move you make brings the next partial row up from the bottom. If the pieces reach the top they are consumed by the demon bunny.

Which is why I prefer the kitty skin - instead of being eaten, they go to the fish at the top, where I'm sure they feast.
That's totally what's happening.
...
But look at their faces!!!!

The monster blocks are the default appearance.

Now, what's up with the weird dude who's usually at the top of the screen? He's the shaman. He's an unreliable powerup. He'll disappear one of your blocks if you click on him when he's glowing. For other powerups, you have those three tabs at the bottom. One will disappear a block, one will disappear blocks of a particular color, and one will split up the blocks into smaller ones at random. I love that the powerups change names when you change over to the cat skin - it's a lot less violent, tbh.

I've been playing this game for a few days now, and I'm still kinda baffled by it. I'm finding it hard to pay attention to text right now, so I probably missed most of the tutorials. I am a little annoyed by how ad-heavy it is, though. Want any of the gifts from Gift blocks? Watch an ad. Want to keep extra gems? Watch an ad. I don't know if spending real money gets rid of the ads, but... I'm not willing to find out, either.

Still, if you're running low on attention span, enjoy Tetris-styled puzzles, and like cute art like this, give it a go!

Now Go Enjoy Something!!!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!