Monday, June 1, 2020

Fiber Monday 324: Ever Onward

In Which I Continue Making

Sometimes, it's hard not to get lost in the repetitive motion of a simple multi-row-repeat project like the DA Lady Sibyl or this soft rectangular something (will I have enough yarn for a shrug? Maybe?) based on a towel pattern from Lady Jay. So that is exactly what I've been doing this morning - progressing through soft garments and thinking about the next part of my book. Yesterday, I wrote just over 1k words, and I hope to get just as much done tonight, though we'll see. This might be a characterization day rather than a scene-to-scene day...

But today's not for writing (that's tomorrow lol), today is to show you my work with a hook and some yarn:


This is some sock yarn I found somewhere. Maybe it's Heart and Sole? I don't know.

I'm slowly increasing along one edge with every repeat because if it does become a shrug, it needs some body to it or it will only really fit my forearms, and I hate having open sleeves to the elbow. That sucks. I have another ball of the yarn, too, so it's a distinct possibility that Size 2 yarn + 4mm hook = a wearable garment. Even if said wearable garment is in bizarrely Eastery colors...

And the Lady Sibyl still grows slowly
I've added another half inch, but we'll see how much longer this takes...

I love the Red Hotdogs color on the lace weight yarn I'm using for the Lady Sibyl, but I do kind of wish I had a nice cloud gray or a sage green or a warm umber to make other versions out of. Maybe a silver color would be nice? Regardless, I'm very into rectangles-you-fold-and-sew-to-make-clothes right now.

I'll keep you all up to date on my progress with my silly little projects, and hopefully someday soon you'll see an item or two up for sale somewhere on here. I'm workin on it ;)

How are all of your guys' projects going? Are you sewing masks? Are you stitching clothes? Knitting socks? What's up out there?

I'd love to see or hear about the handcrafted projects you're working on, so feel free to tell me about them in the comments or something.

Go Enjoy Something, guys
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!