Monday, June 15, 2020

Fiber Monday 326: Shawl For All

In Which I Am Going HAM... ish.

So, I kinda missed my weekend blog. Oops. In my defense, I was writing up a storm. I've been writing today, too, but I also have been working on a new shawl!


A closeup, upside down. Bc I'm fancy like that.

But FC! What about the DA Lady Sibyl?!

Uh... I have to find my 2.5mm hook again. It must've fallen out of the project bag either across my room or somewhere else! Until I find it, I'll be working on the Magnificent Marge Shawl! So... keep your eyes peeled for that, I guess lol.

But yeah, I've been super busy with my novel and stuff, so it looks like my kind-of-a-hiatus-but-not-really will continue. After a whole year of almost 0 missed days, I think 2020 will be a return to my original schedule of "when I get to it" for this blog.

But fret not - I think Tuesdays will be a 100% guarantee, though they'll probably pop up later in the day (like this one did).

For today, here's a weird dream I had:

Where I live, there's a lot of abandoned factory buildings, and in this dream, someone had taken one of those factories (a woolen mill, actually) and converted it into a creative space for people who were making cloth and fiber related items. It was called the Fiber Factory, and there was a small museum dedicated to the history of the mill and its lifetime on the first floor with a fairly large gift shop as well. The gift shop was where the people who worked there sold their wares - rugs, blankets, clothing, skeins of hand-dyed yarn... it was pretty cool!

There were offices and common areas on the upper floors where people were working on things and even producing YouTube videos and stuff.

The cafeteria (yeah, there was a cafeteria) was basically an automat.

I can clearly remember the faces of everyone I saw on what was essentially a guided tour, and they were all people I've seen at local craft fairs.

It'd be pretty cool if something like that existed.

Until then, I'll just have to finish setting up my Etsy shop and sell the Pumpkin Set I made last year and hopefully this shawl I'm making right now.

If you're looking for things to buy from me in the meantime, though, feel free to check out my Redbubble store!

And if you're just gonna head on out now, go ahead :)

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!