Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Talk About Tuesday 325

In Which Today Was Better
Okay, I was a grumpy Gus yesterday. And I started today very much the same. I woke up in a foul mood, snarking and whining my way around. I tried to calm myself down with a shower - it didn't work - had my first cup of the day (I'm drinking my second now), and settled in to read some stuff on the internet.

Which certainly didn't help my mood, but now I am in awe of French firefighters. Holy crap. I also learned about Robbespierre, which was fun and a bit terrifying. I knew the French were kinda Extra, culturally, but not how freaking EXTRA they are!!!

Which again, not helping my stressy mood.

I started making food for when my partner would show up. I didn't time it right (though those five-minute eggs were INCREDIBLE and I wish I'd taken a picture...). I was in a tizzy for the first hour my partner was here, which didn't improve Z's mood either.

But I have to say, working together, we turned my mood around.

I almost certainly have ADHD. I have never been tested or diagnosed, but I literally have every single symptom. ALL OF THEM.

And it's been really bad lately. I can't focus, I'm always tired, I can't sleep, I forget to eat, if I didn't have a very strict bathing schedule I'd forget that too, I lose track of time, I forget to exercise despite having an abundance of energy, I lose all of that energy as suddenly as it appears, I lose track of my sentences as I write or speak, I forget names and times and dates, and so much more goes on...

It's been hellish. I haven't been functional.

But with Z's guidance, I was able to put together some plans to work on.

So here's this week's plan:

  • Tomorrow I'll write about something in wrestling, but I'll also be working on some other stuff
    • Like trying to figure out how to weigh things so I can make an Etsy shop available to you guys to buy some of the stuff you see me make!
    • And figuring out how Discord works so I can maybe learn to stream some games on that.
    • And possibly uploading some more art to my Redbubble shop!
  • Thursday will be an Art Day
    • Which means that if it goes well, there should be more art on the shop on Thursday, too...
    • I'll probably be a bit more aggressive about sharing my shop link on Twitter and FB, so if you follow me in either place, it should be easier to find every time I upload something!
    • I will also be looking up how one goes about making a repeating pattern. There have to be resources to teach me this - otherwise no one else would be able to do it lol
  • I might be switching over permanently to the "Weekend Warble" approach. I hope that doesn't disappoint anyone too much.
    • Guys, it's hard to write 7 days a week, but it's really just a lack of content.
    • I don't watch too much TV or too many movies right now. My brain fog keeps me from following narratives for the most part.
    • I miiiiiiiight be able to talk about books again soon, though...
  • I'd love to write more about writing in the future, too.
This is not everything I'm planning to do this week, though. I have Three Major Goals:
  1. I want to walk at least 7 miles by Sunday - I know that's not much, but I haven't been exercising enough. We have a treadmill. I just need to be shown how to use it.
  2. Gotta put at least 1 square foot of crap away in my room. It's getting ridiculous. I know I can't clean it all at once, but I have to start. It's worsening my symptoms.
  3. I own a flute. I haven't played it in years. I want to start practicing again. Maybe I'll record some for posterity lol.
Those don't seem big to some of you, but they're important to me. I have been letting my health, my room, and my skills slide for too long.

Maybe if I get good enough at my flute again I can panhandle a bit this summer? That might be fun. I'll have to look up the rules on public music.

Anywho, I'll also be looking up some info on local craft fairs (if any will be happening this year...), and I'll be trying to tape and cut the pattern I printed yesterday. Worst comes to worst, I'll just draft it out on some wrapping paper or something...

I hope you guys are okay.

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!