Thursday, June 25, 2020

Thursday Art Walk 327: It's still Thursday... I think

In Which I Am Making It Just Under the Deadline...

I promised artwork, but I am afraid I'm not... technically delivering.

Instead, you're getting a work in progress. Literally, I'm still making the background for this piece!

"Noir 01"; digital WIP 2020
Doesn't look like much, does it?

Those blobs/dots/etc are going to eventually form a misty background upon which I shall make a scene from a noir story I've had percolating, but for now, it's just a strange collection of color and shapes.

I'm using a 1986 edition of The Novels of Dashiell Hammett, which I picked up for a song at a local bookstore that's closing soon.

I've been working on that all day. You wouldn't think it'd take so long, but there's a lot of math and delicate work involved. Also, I've been busy with a thousand other things (like every other living person under the sun) like self-maintenance, laundry, and making sure the cat doesn't literally claw the house down around us. Whee.

But now, I shall post this unfinished first step, and I'll get ready for bed.

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!