Monday, June 8, 2020

Fiber Monday 325: It's A Washout

In Which Today Is A Study In Frustration
I usually have some sort of good news for you guys regarding my projects, but I'm not going to lie today.

This is one of the most frustrating Mondays I've endured in a long while.

It started with not being able to sleep, then became a struggle to wake up, and after that we were out of half-and-half and milk in my mocha is absolutely not the same. Fortunately, my mother is also a coffee fanatic, so she picked some up on her way home.

This is all to say that I was in an already pretty garbage mood even before I opened my project bag to find my 3.25mm hook missing. It must have fallen out somewhere around my room, which is basically one big Gordian knot of clothes and yarn right now. So I'm cranky and crestfallen and generally not a happy camper. Whatever. I have other things I can work on while I wait for the hook to resurface during one of my cleaning attempts.

So I start to print off a cool pattern for a vest that I downloaded ages ago. It's a sewing pattern, but I wanted to try to freehand crochet each piece and then sew them together that way.

It won't print correctly.

I've tried everything. I turned off "fit to page", the zoom is at 100%, I turned off auto-center, etc.

It prints either without the important guides to tape it together correctly because it prints with margins despite being told not to, or it prints smaller than full size within the margins.

So there's that plan also shot down.

So now I'm tired, cranky, undercaffeinated, missing a vital hook, and deeply frustrated.

So of course one of my relatives has decided to drop by today.

Don't get me wrong, I love my family, and I'm always happy to see my grandma safe and sound, but...

she also brought her large, poorly behaved, barky dog with her.

Which means that even though everyone's outside, all I hear is the dog.

And I can't go downstairs for water or I'll get roped into a conversation and the last thing I am today is social.

This Monday is officially a wash.

I'm going back to bed.

I'll give better updates tomorrow.

Go Enjoy Something,
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!