Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Talk About Tuesday 10

Has it already been ten weeks?! Time flies, my friends, time flies.

So far on this blog, I've completed a scarf, made several meals, taken a bunch of pictures of the cat, and whined about various things. I've discussed wrestling, writing, and art. It's been awesome!

And I'm planning to continue doing this.

Not every blog will be 100% (daily updates kinda tanks that possibility), nor will they all be long epics with excellent research (again, daily updates!), but I hope to still keep up with the work.

Right now, I'm sitting on the couch, watching the rain pelt the windows, listening to synthwave music on YouTube, and finishing my morning coffee. Despite being over an hour old, the coffee is still warm. So is the blanket on my feet because it's not even 70℉ outside! Perfect weather to begin considering the fall with.

And with that (and the swelling of Lyde's Homeseekser) I am pleased to announce that I'm planning to do a lot of fall-themed stuff in autumn.

On Mondays, I'll be trying to work on fall-themed projects.
On Tuesdays, I'll probably be talking about what it's like to walk around in a tourist town on the northeastern coast of the USA in peak leaf season.
On Wednesdays, I'll try to talk about the glory that is Halloween Havoc and the hilarity of the Gobbledy-Gooker, as well as spoopy gimmicks.
On Thursdays, my art will likely be of a fallish bent - prepare for pumpkins, leaves, and ghosts.
On Fridays, well. That's not going to change much, guys. We watch what we watch. Though I'll try to cover some of my favorite monster movies like Creature from the Black Lagoon.
On Saturdays, I'll start focusing on Spookier games, including one where you literally build your own haunted house!
Finally, on Sundays, I'll try to have autumnal recipes for you. I hope to even bake a pie for Thanksgiving, because everyone should have a pie recipe.

I can't make any solid promises or make any promises on specific projects for specific dates, but that seems like a good time to me!

I cannot stress enough how much I love fall. It's my favorite season, October my favorite month, and Halloween my favorite holiday. Fall means wearing jeans and t-shirts. Fall means beginning to break out the sweaters. Fall means the sun is a gentle presence instead of a bright yellow hate-ball. Fall means that the deer wander into the backyard and the squirrels frolic more energetically. Fall means apple-spice everything.

Yeah, I said it.

Apples & spice.

You can keep your pumpkins. I've never been a fan. Gourds in general are just... meh. I'm not a fan of squash (though I'll absolutely eat it) except spaghetti squash (which I'd love to make for you guys, seriously!).

So yes, it's mid-August, which means September is around the corner. There will finally, hopefully, be an end to this summer madness.

I never did go swimming.

Do I even still remember how?

Doesn't matter.

FALL IS COMING!

So excited.

I'm getting fragmented. Sorry! Fall is a good time to reminisce, too. But I do have one regret - I didn't finish my summer story this summer, and I'm worried that by winter I'll be wrapped up in other projects and abandon the poor thing.

I just got the main character out of the store, too!

Also, I changed him from Andy to Andrew.

I think I should probably go work on that, now.

We're up to over 1.1k words, guys!


Alright, that's all from me on this rambling, drizzly Tuesday.

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!