Tuesday, August 7, 2018

Talk-About Tuesday 9

Today is one of those days where I just can't get into the groove. I woke up in a rainforest hot & humid room, grumpy and poorly-rested, and nothing improved for hours. I'm still in a pretty foul mood. I do not like the soundtrack of my morning to be a Hoarders: Buried Alive marathon at full blast, but that's life. Sometimes mornings suck.

I nursed my coffee for a while, but all good things must come to an end, and when I finished, my morning resumed its suckage.

The cat is currently wandering the house, meowing at family members, and being adorable.

Here she is getting all of the love & cuddles the other day.
I got to write more on my dumb summer book today, though, so there's that. We're up to 938 words! I hope to have at least that much more by next Tuesday. I'm not going to give you more quotes yet, because I'm still at the grocery store. The annoying lady had just left.

Writing is so much fun. I forget how fun it is when I'm not writing, but it really is just as rewarding and entertaining as drawing or crochet. It's pure creation at its core. Fiction is a lot of fun especially, since you're building the world up from scratch, even if it's based on reality! You are deciding every part of a whole universe, the rules within it, the people populating it, the landscapes and colors, the language, even the morals.

It's heady stuff.

I'm also getting a bit back into Dungeons & Dragons, surprisingly. It's been a while since I felt that siren call to write a campaign or roll up a character. I miss playing Bards (fun utility characters, bards), and creating dungeons or fortresses. I have a Resident Evil book for 3.5e, and I've been meaning to make a Resident Evil campaign...

I do have the dice sitting right there.

Maybe that's what I'll do later today before heading into the 90+ degree heat to die for a while...

Go Enjoy Something!!!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!