Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Talk About Tuesday 12

Prepare yeself for more mindless maundering. It's already 83℉ and it's only 11AM. I know, anyone along certain latitudes has been giggling about how poorly I'm taking the heat & humidity this year, but you've not yet heard me whine about snow. That will come probably starting in mid-November if theorists are to be believed. Regardless, the current temperature combined with the current humidity (59%) at this hour is hellish and I do not like it.

It's why I want to go somewhere else equally temperate but infinitely drier. Like Santa Fe. I doubt they have weeks of 60+% humidity with scorching upper 80s-mid 90s temperatures. Love the decades, hate the heat.

Anyway.

It's hot enough that the AC is running to little effect - the temperature has only dropped 1 degree in the last 10 minutes inside the house (bringing me down to 78℉). I've got SpaceHamster playing through Graveyard Keeper going in the background on YouTube. I've got my coffee. I've got an obnoxious headache. My water bottle tastes strongly of detergent.

Wah.

I kind of wish that I had the liberty to just... hide in my room and keep all the lights off and snuggle into my bed and listen to soft jazz while the cat hangs out with me. Maybe play some Pokemon Snap on the bubblebutt.

Unfortunately, the AC does not reach my room, so it's always 10-20 degrees warmer than the rest of the house. It's hard to hear jazz over the fan. The cat hates hanging out with me in my room unless I'm terrifyingly sick (which has thankfully only happened once). I don't have the bubblebutt tv hooked up with the N64.

Boo.

So my goal by the end of next month is to have my room cleaned up enough that I can hook up the tv, the VCR, and the N64. Maybe even the RetroDuo! I hope I can get that done, then show off the setup. Maybe give a step-by-step for interested parties who may have missed out on the relative peace and fun of the 90s. Then maybe I can review games that literally everyone my age except me has played. Like Goldeneye and Kirby 64...

I didn't have video games as a kid.

Regardless, it's gonna be fun to get all that set up!

I also need to figure out how to get my room set up to accommodate guests. I didn't have a lot of people hanging out here as a kid, so... I never really figured out what worked for having people over. I just kind of gave up and left everything everywhere. That needs to change, if only so that I can actually find my clothes and so that it's easier to pack everything up when I finally leave. It's kind of embarrassing to still be living here. I don't have a "real" job right now, though, so that's kinda how it's going to have to be until I'm self-sufficient.

Or until I'm chucked out. That could happen.

Le Sigh.

I got depressing there for a minute, guys, sorry!

Anyway, I'm trying to think of other things to talk about, like what I'm going to cook this week. I have 0 ideas. It's going to be hot all week, so cooking is about the farthest thing from my mind. If I actually get up earlier tomorrow, I might show off some toast. Maybe. It depends on what's in the bread cupboard and how I feel. If I still have this headache (dehydration, I'm pretty sure), then I'll probably just have coffee and nurse water the rest of the morning like today.

Honestly, I just really want to cook some fun stuff, like spaghetti, chili, even a meatloaf! Stuff you can use to keep yourself going during the week if you've never cooked, but you still want to eat. Maybe I'll be able to make a quesadilla or something... Yeah - actually, I'm pretty sure we have all the ingredients in the fridge right now!

Yes. I'll do my best to make a quesadilla this week. Before the ingredients go bad.

In other news, I'm still working on last week's art project and trying to find new colors. It's not easy - most of the permanent markers here are my mother's and she guards them jealously (understandable). The ones that I have gotten hold of have been... subpar to say the least. They're barely usable. That's the problem with these things - they work really well until they don't work hardly at all. Bleh.

I miss doing watercolor, tbh, but it's a lot more difficult to get my watercolors out than it is to grab my bag of markers.

I'm also unsure of what to do about Friday's movie. I honestly don't know how to discuss the movie we watched. It... was not the usual riffable film! Not going to give that away, but it was not very well-received and it's one of the only times I've seen a biopic be honest about the "artistic license" taken.

I'm holding out hope that tomorrow I don't have to write another death dedication - loving pro-wrestling can be hard, guys - because I want to write about something unrelated to death. That's not easy in the biz. Death is an ever-present shadow, waiting for just the right botch or just the wrong dose. On the other hand, without risking death, we lose pretty much every interesting move. No One-Winged-Angel, no Piledriver, no Dragon Screw, no Meltzer Driver. It's all arm-bars. You may as watch amateur wrestling.

Update: my mom just came home and handed me a new recipe to try. Hmm. Key Lime Poundcake with Key Lime Cream Cheese Frosting.... delicious. Apparently it came from a website, but I'm getting it third-or-fourth-hand. Delightful!

I have so many cookbooks. I need to start making these recipes!

Here's my only promise to you for this week:

If I cannot cook by Sunday, I will make a list of all the necessary accouterments for a kitchen.

I think that'll be all for me today.

Go Enjoy Something!
Like the beach maybe...

FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!