Tuesday, August 21, 2018

Talk About Tuesday 11

It's an absolutely gorgeous day. It's not yet 70℉, it's about 60% humidity, and there's a pleasant breeze going. The perfect day for some jazz and typing.

If it weren't for the fact that over the last few days, this place has looked like the Amityville Horror.

Seriously! There have been dozens of fat, green-bodied houseflies droning around for the last few days, stomping on ceilings, trapped in windows, or otherwise being a bother. It's been really annoying. No fly tape in this house, so the removal efforts have mostly been based around the vacuum cleaner and a lot of cursing. There's a tiny paper cup from the bathroom sitting on top of a Post-It note on the entertainment center, so I'm pretty sure that was the source of the unending thudding last night - my father's work, I'm sure.

We have insect invasions, every now and then. I was worried that we'd have centipedes or earwigs this year, but I'll take the flies in trade! I despise both centipedes and earwigs. They're just... nasty. Flies are gross, but these ones don't bite, they're nonvenomous, and they don't slither out from the bathroom closet while you're trying to grab a washcloth or towel.

Ugh.

Aside from Flymageddon 2018, this week has gone better for me than for my SO. Poor Z's glasses broke, so I packed up a little superglue, an eyeglasses kit, and a couple donuts for the repair job. We ended up getting help from Film & Editing Friendo, since the screw had sheared off and the unscrewable end had stuck into the frame, and I had no appropriate tools for dealing with that. Among the three of us (one nearly blind without their glasses), we eventually superglued and clamped the poor specs into shape.

Needless to say, Z has ordered new glasses.

I think they're snazzy.

One of the stoves I've been using for Sunday's recipes, the electric one, has been replaced with a neat 5-burner model since the old oven died. Baking recipes in the future may be possible. Maybe. We'll see. I'm pretty eager to get my Ramen on with those new burners, though. I've never used a rangetop with that many zones! I'm not very familiar with electric baking (our stove is gas, so I'm used to blue-flaming all my food), so you and I? We'll be experimenting with all of this together.

Just don't blame me if your bread comes out like a rock. Mine does, too. I'm not a very good baker.

I'm a bit disappointed in how long it's taking me to work on the utility cloth, by the way. I thought it would take 3 weeks, max. Unfortunately, it could take up to 5 if I don't pick up the pace next Monday. I might wind up just doing a bound edge if I don't like the looks of the edging I was planning. We'll see on that, too.

As for Tuesdays, I'm still crawling along on my summery tale. I've finally gotten the main character out of the grocery store, so now I just need to get him home with his girlfriend to watch bad movies and relax. I'm totally not drawing from real life. None of these characters are based off of my friends and I.

I'm lying.

They are all my friends and I, and I'm not even hiding it right now. Not yet, anyway. That's what first drafts are for, though - getting the story out and hoping you like some of the sentences. No way is this going to be a one-year-story, though. I'm having trouble crawling past page 4. Still, at least I've got a little over 1200 words down. I'm not happy with all of them, and whole scenes may change, but hey, that's writing!

Wednesdaymania needs to lighten the heck up, guys. I'm hoping we don't lose more legendary wrestlers this week, since I still need to talk about why the G1 was  A M A Z I N G. And it was. It was incredible. I missed Hiromu Takahashi's presence, and I was sorry to learn yesterday that he's had to relinquish his title (he was the IWGP Jr Heavyweight Champion), but the video he directed to declare it is a riot. I'll put that in the blog tomorrow, no worries.

Thursday can be a struggle, to be honest, especially if I don't have time & space to work on something. I'm also probably not going to do another bubble drawing this week. It just feels like a "try something new" kind of week. We'll see how it goes.

Friday's film will be based off of a riffed film with a returning actor! Prepare yourself for more Reb Brown. That's all I'll say :P

Saturdays are also hard, since I don't like to talk about games I don't enjoy, and I haven't exactly been branching out with new games lately. The games I have been playing haven't been viable for August, since they're FALLOWEEN-style games (horror, directly Halloween-related, etc). I wonder if I'll be able to find any of the haunted house games that legit spooked me again. There was one where a scary reaper figure followed you around and you had to solve puzzles to not die. I had to turn the sound off because it made me paranoid. It didn't help that I had a porcelain doll in my closet at the time.

Can't sleep.

Doll will eat me.

Unrelated, but Sundays might kill me, too. If there's one thing I know about myself, it's that my patience and attention spans are equally short. I have a hard time focusing on most things, and I get frustrated easily and quickly. I've tried the counting thing, the breathing thing, and the smiling through it thing. They don't work. I lose my temper and am miserable to be around. Thankfully, Z finds it funny, most of the time.

I don't like being a temperamental dingus.

Sunday's blog subjects can be hard, because I have to focus on whatever I'm cooking, get photos, and make sure I'm not ignoring anyone I'm around. I didn't even have that much to do when I was making those oats, but I still wound up letting them boil over. I'll just have to keep practicing, and maybe someday, I'll be a better cook and a more patient person.

Or maybe I should just cut back on the caffeine...

Never.

Death Before Decaf.

...

Actually, that'd be a fine project for Thursday.

Hm...

Alright, I'll let you all get back to your lives, and I'll go chase down some Cyclorrhaphids. That should be enough to keep me busy for a while...

Go Enjoy Something!

May I recommend Kyoru Sentai Zyuranger on Shout Factory's Roku app (if it's still there)? It's the original Japanese Power Rangers. It's pretty hardcore.

FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!