Thursday, August 2, 2018

Thursday Art Walk 8

It's 86° with 64% humidity. I've turned on the AC and the cat very much appreciates it. Today, I tried something with my psychedelic art, but I don't quite know how to feel about it.

Also, I'm thinking of making a logo for the blog in a similar style. I'll see if that's what happens or not...

"Pixel-Perfect Acid Drop Mapping"; Permanent Marker on card stock; 2018

Why "Pixel-Perfect Mapping"? Because that's how I made it. I like to do this thing where I start at the center and use words to map to each dot.

North (or Up): A, E, I, M, Q, U, Y
East (or Right): B, F, J, N, R, V, Z
South (or Down): C, G, K, O, S, W
West (or Left): D, H, L, P, T, X

So by using the words "PIXEL-PERFECT ACID DROP MAPPING" I ended up going:

W16, N9, W24, N5, W12, W16, N5, E18, E6, N5, S3, W20, N1, S3, N9, W4, W4, E18, S15, W16, N13, N1, W16, W16, N9, E14, S7

Now, that doesn't always work, based on space, so I wrap around the picture when I hit an edge. You can see somewhat where the marker began to bleed on the edges (since they were perforated and marker loves fibers).

Then again, I'm pretty happy with how it turned out and I plan on making more weird psychedelic droplet art.

The next one might be called something like "Bad Lava Lamp Trip" or something like that :)

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!