Monday, February 10, 2020

Fiber Monday 307: The Abbey Lady Groweth

In Which I Have Made A Little Progress!

So you'd think I'd be a lot further on this shrug by now, but I've been distracted/busy lately. I have no excuses, really. It's not that I haven't been crocheting, I've just been crocheting things that aren't the shrug lol!

I made my dad a crocheted rubber duck for his birthday because he works in IT, and when they have a problem, there's a process called "Rubber Ducking" where you talk through the problem and process out loud to an inanimate object (such as a duckie), which usually helps you figure out what's wrong.

I also started work on a sweater using some brown Caron Simply Soft, which I'm going to try striping with a dark green I was given for Christmas!

I'm also working on a piece of crocheted lace for a choker I'm making for someone. It's been a long couple months lol.

So of course I've fallen behind on the Lady Sybil shrug.


Still at about 3" long, though! That's not bad - that's about 20% completion!

It's going to take a few more weeks to finish the body of this project, and then it's sewing time! And after that I get to add a lacy border! Super excited about that, tbh!

As for the rest of the projects, we'll see how all of that goes :)

Today, the weather is hellishly miserable. I mentioned that we had a massive ice storm recently, right? Well, now it's 39℉ (4℃) and drizzly and gross out there. There was about an inch of uneven, slippery ice on the sidewalks last night (which was a pretty but snowy night), so that's probably a death trap right now. I'm still gonna go walking today, though, because I'm a badass and the weather has no hold on me (that's a lie, but one I'm going to keep telling myself lol).

I think that'll do it for me today, guys!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!