Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Wednesdaymania 307: Keeping Up With Wrestling

What Do You Do When There's Too Much Wrestling?

I'm just one person. I have two eyes that are barely functioning, two sets of two limbs, one brain, one heart, same organs as almost anyone else. I have the same amount of hours in the day the rest of you have - 24. 8 of these hours are supposed to be spent sleeping, 3 are spent eating, and then there are various bathroom breaks. So let's say I've got about 10 hours total in which to do everything that needs doing - writing, working, etc. That's if I don't eat while doing other things (which I usually do).

So when you've got this many quality wrestling programs to keep track of, something's usually gonna give, and since I refuse to give up food, it's either gonna be sleep or wrestling.

Usually it's sleep, to be honest.

This week, wrestling kinda went to the wayside as I focused on writing, crochet, and other things that needed to be done (chores, for example). I don't have my usual company-by-company updating to give you, so instead, let me tell you what I have learned about wrestling, this week!


  • The NWA: Powerrr episode this week was great, and I really enjoyed both it and last week's episode.
  • I still haven't watched Cody Rhodes' back getting turned into hamburger, and I'm actually uncomfortable with the idea of watching it. I don't do well with real pain, guys. I just don't.
  • Which is why I skipped the barbed wire match between Jimmy Havoc and Mance Warner on ep 94 of MLW Fusion. I have seen the next episode, but I haven't caught up to ep 96 yet!
  • I'm still following Jyushin Thunder Liger on Twitter, and if you aren't yet, you really should, because his adorable posts about what he's eating, his love of carnivorous plants, and his extreme talent in sculpting are incredible and give me life.
  • I haven't heard much about Ibushi's health, but apparently he was in some kind of kaiju movie? I only know about it because my Film and Editing Friendo heard about it and told me!
  • I'm slowly warming up to the use of Pantera in the NWA: Powerrr opening, but I dig that they change themes after every PPV.
  • It's really fun seeing Shawn Mooney again!
  • Taz is a darn good commentator for AEW Dark
  • Even the little guys are getting on tv now - I hear that one of the YouTube based wrestling channels will be on a small French network now? Cool!
  • I just really like wrestling, guys, even if I don't always watch it

If you're falling behind on wrestling on YouTube and in the world, I strongly suggest subscribing to one of the many internet wrestling news services out there:

So it's a shorter blog than I'd intended, but it's almost time for my writing sprint (30 minutes where I just write without any tabs open or other distractions), so I've gotta go.

I love you all.

I love wrestling.

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!