Thursday, February 13, 2020

Thursday Art Walk 307: Sleepy Stinky Birb

In Which I Has A Sleepy

It's a sleepy kind of day. The snow is falling, the air is cool, and I stayed up way, way, way too late. I stayed up so late that I saw the dawn. That's how late I stayed up. So I grabbed some coffee, came upstairs, and drew a little picture of my boy, who (since I was awake all night) had also stayed awake all night. Bert may be an owl, but still needs more than 2 hours of sleep!

Since we'd stayed up all night working on intellectual pursuits, you wouldn't think we'd get sweaty, but you'd be wrong. I sweat a ton when I work all night because my body keeps trying to give me subtle hints and reminders that sleep is a thing, and when that doesn't work, it just floods me with heat to make me get away from whatever I'm so focused on. At that point, I usually fall asleep and wake up super dehydrated.

It didn't work on me last night, so I was asleep on my feet getting my coffee together and drinking it. Eventually, though, I took a shower and went back to bed. Dedbert also got to freshen up and get some rest, but I don't have an after pic for you - just a before pic.


"All Nighter #1"; pencil on printer paper; 2020

Poor Dedbert. He's so tired he's melting! He's stinky and sleepy and just wants to curl up with his bunny slippers, coffee, and toast before having a nice preen and a good sleep. He's very grumpy that I only slept a few hours, so I'll probably go back to bed soon.

I'm also definitely going to redraw this later with inks and colors, because that's a cute image and I want to put it on Redbubble...

Alright, that'll about do it from me, guys!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!