Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Talk About Tuesday 306

In Which I Am Tired
So yesterday there was no blog, and I'm sorry about that. Hopefully I'll have plenty of progress to show you next week, though. This week, I had a migraine. I couldn't sleep at all on Sunday night, and by the time my eyes slid shut, the sun was shining. I finally crawled out of bed at eleven, eyes like sandpaper, body aching, head pounding. I made some coffee, I grabbed all of my blog supplies. And then I actually smelled my coffee.

Immediately, my body rebelled.

Instead of that ritual relaxation I've grown accustom to, I tensed, my stomach gurgling.

Ah, I'm too hungry, I guess? I thought to myself. But no, of course not. The pounding in my head got worse. Maybe I'm dehydrated?

Well yes, but also no. I was dehydrated, but more than that, I had me a migraine. I haven't had a proper migraine since maybe 2009? I used to get them a lot, growing up. But since I haven't had one in over a decade, I totally forgot how to act with one.

I made it through three sips of coffee before I had to dump it. Too much nausea. Head hurt too much. Couldn't really handle screens. Music was annoying.

Uh oh.

Sensitivity to sound, light, taste, and smell...

My shirt sure felt itchy, too...

Ugh. Migraine.

So no way was I crocheting or posting yesterday, but... I had plans, and I didn't want to miss out on them. I took some ibuprofen and drank some water, crawling into some clean clothes after a shower to relax my tight muscles.

By the time I got back to the living room, my mom had come home and had heated up some leftover chicken to make a sandwich.

One whiff of the chicken had me running back to the bathroom to purge my water, meds, and three sips of coffee.

A sensible person would have cancelled their plans and gone back to bed, but as anyone who knows me can attest to, I have a bitterly stubborn streak when it comes to doing what I want, regardless of how I feel.

So of course I just... took more meds, popped some Tums, washed out my water bottle and refilled it with filtered water, and actually headed out. Because I'm a moron.

Thankfully, as awful as my migraines can be (and they can be way worse than that), they don't tend to last as long as my tension or usual sleep-deprivation headaches. 8 hours was the longest I'd ever suffered with a migraine, and that was when I was about 14. This one lasted about six hours. Which is longer than I'd like, but bland food, rest, and clean water really helped a lot.

Of course, then I followed it up by watching a movie steeped in drugs, so... make of that what you will.

And that's the story of why there was no blog yesterday.

As for the next week, here's my plan:

  • Tomorrow, I'll talk about more wrestling as I wait for Cody Rhodes to be whipped by MJF on live TV
  • Thursday I'll make an art!
  • Friday I'll tell you all about a movie I watched. Maybe Hereditary...
  • Saturday I'll talk about a random game (or something...)
  • Sunday should involve spinach noodles
  • Next Monday I hope to have more done with my shrug
  • Next Tuesday will be more blather.
For anyone wondering how the novel is going... well... my main character for this section is being difficult, so I'll have to do some more work on her to get to know her better. Still, right around 4k words isn't a bad start to the second month of the year!

Today's weather, by the way, is cloudy and fairly still. It's about 35℉ (1.7℃), with 55% humidity.

I think that'll about do it for me, today.

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!