Saturday, September 1, 2018

Casual Gaming Saturday 12

Game: World of Talesworth
Published: August 28, 2018
Created By: MrJinx
Styles: Idle, RPG, Pixel
Platform: PC (Kongregate.com)

This is a brand new title that I stumbled across today. I'm currently playing through the tutorial, which is going really fast. It's a true Idle RPG, which means that your button clicks are very minimal. Basically, you tell your dude to go somewhere on the map or in the town and they do their thing without further input. Basically, you just watch your bag space and sell whatever garbage you don't need. The pixel style is clean and clever, with highly customizable heroes and simple enemy designs. The maps are fun to look at, and the music is a fun chiptuned, flute-heavy affair with bouncy rhythms and fantasy-style sweeps.

Basically, this is a really fun game so far! I've unlocked the crafting, and while it took me a while to understand how this game does the whole tutorial thing (you actually have to click on the blue banners with the white question marks!) it's pretty easy to grasp.

My only gripe so far is that the quest text goes by pretty fast (unlike in Idle Champions of the Forgotten Realms, where it can hang around for what feels like forever...). The quest text isn't very important, however, serving more for immersion than anything else.

Really, this is a clever creation from someone who has a strong history on Kongregate. This person has been pumping out Talesworth games for years. Also, apparently they run the J!NX clothing brand, which has a snazzy shop site. I dig it.

All in all, this is a great little game (I don't know how little it really is, guys, because the overworld map is pretty big. My griffon might get a bit tired going to all the different areas...) and if you like RPGs and games that essentially play themselves, this is the game for you!

So Go Enjoy Something!
FC

PS: I'm still pooped from moving people and I'm excited for the ALL IN pay per view tonight.

I don't even know if I can see it tonight, but whatever happens, I'm sure it'll be awesome!

Right - gotta go! See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!