Tuesday, September 18, 2018

Talk-About Tuesday 15

I'm having a pretty decent morning, Florence's dregs notwithstanding. This is pretty rare. We're watching my grandmother's cat, and she got mad at me for not letting her in while I shower (she's been visiting me in the bathroom most mornings), so that was noisy but funny. It's about 67℉ and we've got a steady rain going, but nothing too awful. Just steady and quiet. Florence has blown herself out, I think.

I hope I get to go out in this - not because I like walking in the rain (ew, wet jeans). I hope I get to go see Z. Sometimes it can be hard to get around on inclement days. The traffic is dumber than usual, the sidewalks get slick. Puddles form.

Wah.

Florence had mercy on me. I shouldn't complain when there are other people who've lost everything and everyone to her wrath.

So I won't blather on about how it can also be really peaceful to walk in the rain under an umbrella. I won't whine about the holes in my sneakers filling with water. I won't keep going on about it.

I will, however tell you that Z has a new blog, and if you haven't read Attack the Stack, there should be a link over in my sidebar. I just added the new gadget a few minutes ago, so it might not be set up properly.

Wonderful! I just did a preview of this page and it showed up at the top labeled "Check These Dudes Out!" My links list only goes to Z's blog and Wrestling Friendo's YouTube page so far, so that's not too exhaustive :P

So what is Attack the Stack?

Attack the Stack is a blog where Z reads down the ever-growing stack of good novels acquired over time that sits next to the lamp. And on the floor. And tucked behind and above and below various items. Z is an avid reader and a fantastic writer, so if you like novels or just good books in general, give Attack the Stack a read! This entry is about a really neat book called Room to Dream. It involves Eraserhead, Twin Peaks, 1950s America, a fascination with the macabre, Transcendental Meditation. Seriously, go read Attack the Stack! Z writes the good stuff!

Who or what is TypeQQ?

TypeQQ is our Wrestling Friendo's YouTube channel where he plays all kinds of shoot-em-up games and some really weird stuff. He's a great guy with a fun channel, so go ahead and give him a watch! Personally, I suck at shoot-em-ups, so you're not going to see many of them here. If that's your thing, get your fix with TypeQQ. Do it or the quail gets it :P

I hope to eventually link to other blogs and channels as my broskis get their stuff going. Some of the links might be blogs, others may be YouTube channels, and there will probably be an art store or two.

Maybe one of those art stores will be from me.

The scanning process is still buggy (my laptop doesn't always cooperate) and my scanner-fu is weak (yay blur). One of these days, I'll get it all smoothed out and we'll have a Filthy Casual Redbubble or something!

I think that's going to do it for me on this gray and lazy day. Have a picture of my mom's cat holding her feet.

Such kitty. Many sleeps! Wow.

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!