Monday, September 17, 2018

Fiber Monday 15

This is going to be a photo-heavy post, but I have to warn you - most of the pictures are going to look very similar, because all I've done this week is increase up to the maximum increases on the hat.

What that means is that I took the disk we were working on and made it go from 30 stitches around to 84 stitches around. That sounds like fun, right?

that also means that I took the disk from 2.5 inches across to about 7 inches across. The pattern says it should be 5.5 inches across, but... I don't think that's possible if we've got 84 stitches. Not unless you're A) using a smaller hook, or B) using smaller yarn. Even then, I'm happy with how big it is because my head is too big for small hats and too small for big ones, so this should be good.

Here come the photos:

36 stitches across

42 stitches across

48 stitches across

54 stitches across

60 stitches across. At this point, I considered stopping for this week, but I didn't.

66 stitches across. I had to sit back to take these pictures because it was getting bigger!

72 stitches across.

78 stitches across.

And that's all she wrote at 84 stitches across!
Now all that remains is to keep doing consecutive rounds of 84 stitches each until the hat is as deep as I want!

What's fun about hats is that they're 0% different from bags. If I wanted to turn this project into a bag, all I'd have to do is keep doing my 84 stitch rounds until it was deep enough, then maybe make some straps.

But this is still going to be a hat.

Hopefully, we'll finish next week! Then I'd like to make something a bit more complicated, like fingerless gloves!

Go Enjoy Something!
Or make something.
That works too!

FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!