Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Wednesdaymania 16

So today I'm late because I'm making dinner. You'll see why it took forever on Sunday. Long story short, making chili is really easy, but it's also not easy at all. Especially when you're fudging it.

Today, though, is not Survival Sunday, so I'll save the reason my face hurts until then.

Today is Wednesdaymania!

That means that today I'm talking wrestling. Specifically, I'm going to talk about the show I'm going to in Lewiston, Maine in November.

I don't remember if I've mentioned it before, but Z has been kind enough to stand me a ticket to the joint ROH/NJPW show in Lewiston. It's going to be a Global Wars show, so there might actually be some big names there. I hope so.

I'M EXCITED! CAN YOU TELL?!

They just released a partial card yesterday, but as we all know, cards are very, very subject to change.

Ring of Honor has announced the following:

Jay Lethal (ROH World Champion)

I wonder if he'll get in trouble for using Lethal Injection in Maine?
We don't have the Death Penalty, after all.

"The American Nightmare" Cody Rhodes & the Young Bucks (ROH World Six-Man Tag Team Champs)
Yesplz.

The Briscoes (ROH World Tag Team Champs)
When they're on, they're great.
When they're talking, less-so.
When they're not on, they're... not great.

Punishment Martinez (ROH World TV Champ)
I haven't seen enough Punishment Martinez yet to form an opinion.
I dig his look, though.

Sumie Sakai (Women of Honor Champ)
This woman has been wrestling longer than some of her fellow wrestlers have been alive.
And she's still better than them.

"The Villain" Marty Scurll
I still think he should've won vs Okada, but the match was too incredible to hate on.
Also, I love him.

"Hangman" Adam Page
He's crazy.
Seriously.
Dude talks to his murder-boots.

Christopher Daniels, Frankie Kazarian, and Scorpio Sky (SoCal Uncensored)
SCU! (scu)

Flip Gordon
Hey! He's booked!

Silas Young
I know literally nothing about this guy.
Yet.

Chris Sabin
Another guy I haven't seen enough of!
Also dig this guy's look.

Shane Taylor
Oh boy. Someone may die.
I know nothing about this guy, yet.
But he looks very intimidating!
Awesome.


Now, NJPW hasn't released their card, and I'm not sure if it's just a matter of waiting to see what the booking is like (if it's not a full house, then I don't know who they'll send - probably Taichi, knowing our luck) or if it's just travel issues (I mean, NJPW guys don't seem to do a whole lot of international travel once their journeyman days are done, I've noticed - maybe they need time to get passports/work visas hammered out?). All I can hope for is that they don't send us Taichi and that, if they send Bone Soldier, he doesn't get pissed at a wrestler and shoot on him (which is Wrestler-Carney for legitimately fighting).

I'm super excited, because all of these guys (with the exception of the Briscoes, who I've soured on over the last year or so) are A W E S O M E and I can't wait to see them.

I hope I can get a Marty Scurll shirt.

I hope I'm not too short to see them come out.

We're going to be close to the entrance ramp, so that shouldn't be too hard - I'll probably be looking slightly up, and most wrestlers are over 5'10". My miniature self should be fine. If not, I'll just sneak a pillow in and sit on it. #shortworldproblems

Regardless of matchups, if even half of these guys show up in Lewiston (Lewiston? Really?!) it'll be worth every penny of Z's incredibly hard-earned money.

The chili I'm making is supposed to be kind of my way of paying him back :P

That's all for me this week on Wrestling!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC


Links to where my pics are from:
Global Wars Banner was straight from ROH's site.
Lethal
Cody & The Young Bucks
The Briscoes
Punishment Martinez
Sumie Sakai
Marty Scurll
Adam Page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!