Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Talk About Tuesday 13

I was not awake yesterday. I had not slept well (fell asleep probably around 5AM in a seated position, glasses on). Get some sleep, guys. It's important, no matter what your deadlines say. Needless to say, when I crashed last night, I crashed hard.

I had a dream about an active shooting in one of the rooms at the church I grew up going to. But it was absolutely not a church group meeting there. I think we were playing D&D...

The shooting was foiled by basically everyone calling the cops when the shooter left the room. He was trying to make himself famous. Two of the others in the room (one being my S/O, which was weird because Z doesn't particularly enjoy D&D and the other being a guy I haven't seen in years who also doesn't play D&D) snuck out.

A little while before the cops arrived, they burst back into the room and... cut promos on the shooter? They stole his gun and gave him a series of back-breakers and atomic drops. It would've been funnier if I hadn't also watched this consummate turd of a person shoot one of my friends a few minutes before.

There were computer printouts that made no sense involved (the shooter wanted us to know his itinerary so we'd know he was serious).

Basically, what I'm saying is:

We have an Active Shooter problem here in America. And we need to resolve it.

This dweeb should have had 0 access to firearms. He should've been going to therapy and having his meds adjusted as necessary. He should have been incapable of what he was doing.

Like most of the people I've seen handle guns in my life (not all, guys, just most), he carried it like a toy. It wasn't a weapon to him. It was no different from a remote control, getting him what he wanted with the press of a trigger.

Guns need more regulation. Sorry. They do. A guy like the one in my dream is exactly the guy who shoots up a room full of unfamiliar D&D players because they're not really people to him, they're just props in the show of his life.

I woke up feeling only half-rested.

Hopefully I'll be able to stay awake for the encore of ALL IN that Z & I are doing at Just Moved Friendos' place! If not, then they will have my permission to try to stuff a Cheez Doodle up my nose or something for the lols. What are friends for if not slightly annoying alarm clocks who actually care if you wake up? :P

Anyway, let's talk about something less awful, but not as good as ALL IN. Nothing is as good as ALL IN. Seriously. Unf.

Let's talk about....

Dungeons & Dragons.

It's such a versatile game. Literally any setting can have a D&D campaign in it. I have source-books for a Gaslamp Fantasy (Call of Cthulhu style!), a hyper-futuristic reality with space ships, a Waterworld-stlye setting...

And Resident Evil.

Oh man. I so want to make a Resident Evil D&D game. I want to make a town filled with the undead, Lickers dropping from the ceilings like so many demented bats in a cave, a Tyrant crouched in a bowling alley, a big nasty plant creeping its way towards the sky.

Evil scientists are so much fun to write dialog for, too!

Basically, I really want to make a bunch of bad things happen to some nonexistent people for the entertainment of my friends. Unfortunately, playing D&D is hard when you A) have nowhere to play it, B) have few friends who want to, C) don't really know how to DM well, and D) can't get things done on time.

Still, it'd be fun to create the setting, if nothing else!

Alright, I think I've pestered people enough today. I'm going to try to take a nap.

Go Enjoy Something!
(Like ALL IN, maybe?)

FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!