Monday, October 1, 2018

Fiber Monday 17

I want to apologize ahead of time - I had to restart this project at least once. The first set of fingerless gloves I tried to crochet just... they weren't coming together, even though the pattern was pretty simple. If I'd just followed the pattern and accepted that it wasn't going to fit me, then it would've been fine, but I couldn't keep the counting up, and I got completely and hopelessly lost. I ditched the botched project and restarted with a new, slightly more stitch-complex but counting-simple project.

Basically, I'm making a big rectangle and sewing it shut at the end. Then I'm repeating the process.

I only did 10 rows today, so we'll see how long a pair of wrist-warmers takes like this.


I chained 31, then sc in the second chain.
Here, I'm showing you how to start a double crochet (dc)
Yarn over.

place through next chain

Pull through the chain so you have 3 loops on your hook.

I've already yarned over and pulled through the first two loops here,
leaving the original loop and the new loop (2 loops)

yarn over again, then pull through the remaining loops.
Double crochet.

I've done a full row here (it's an alternating sc/dc row, starting with an sc and ending with a dc)

This is 2 rows of the sc/dc pattern.

10 rows of sc/dc pattern. Kinda looks like a grid, yeah?
This pattern was found through Ravelry, but it's also on the Red Heart Yarn site here.

I try to only use free patterns so that it's easier for you guys to find and crochet along.

Thankfully, this pattern doesn't have quite so many increases/decreases as the last one (read: none so far), so I have faith I'll be able to finish it.

That's all for me for today!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!