Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Talk About Tuesday 21

Today is gorgeous. It's 43℉, 68% humidity, steady winds, and the sun is (kind of) back after a long, wet hiatus. I got to play Pokemon Go yesterday (didn't catch that witch Pikachu yet, we'll see), I've beaten the seasonal quest on Pokefarm Q, and I'm still playing my way through Scream Collector! It's a good time, game-wise. I'm still cabling that pumpkin, so there's that. I've given away the previous projects on this blog to my siblings for their birthday and to my aunt visiting from away. I've eaten way too much pumpkin bread to be anywhere near healthy! Also, I got a sweet haircut and it's really working for me!

Basically the last week or so has been much better for me than it has for the rest of the world.

I try not to think about that too much...

Regardless, tomorrow is the spoopiest day of the year and I. am. ready!

I'm going to dress up and watch stupid scary movies and hang out with friends and probably eat some more pumpkin bread, and it's going to be great. Hopefully we can get the dogs penned in so they don't freak out at the poor trick-or-treaters...

Regardless, Halloween is still my favorite holiday, and I look forward to it every year. I daydream about making gingerdead men and scary jack-o-lanterns and cool displays, and it rocks. Hopefully I'll get to have a big, awesome Halloween some day, where I throw a little party with some friends, pass out candy to a bunch of kids, and run a marathon of silly, gimmicky movies and commercials.

That's the dream!

As for other holidays, I'm pretty lukewarm.

I'm not a huge fan of turkey, and Thanksgiving is usually pretty awkward for someone like me who doesn't like a lot of noise and hubbub (Halloween's different, the noise comes and goes with the trick-or-treaters...).

I love Pie-For-Breakfast day, though, and that's the day after Thanksgiving.

I like Christmas well enough, but I'm a "tree, gifts, Chinese food and a movie" kind of person, rather than a "caroling, family gatherings, and eggnog" (blech) kind of person.

Valentines is nice because I can really treat my Sweet, but the day after is better because of the discount candies we can share.

St. Patrick's Day is just... ugh. Too much accepted alcoholism. I do, however, love my mom's corned beef, which I'll miss when I leave.

Easter is awkward when you're an atheist... the day after is another discount chocolate day, though, so that's nice.

Mother's Day is nice, but I rarely have the cash onhand to treat my mom. Hopefully I can make her some good Pad Thai...

Fourth of July is just loud and booze-soaked, and I haven't felt very patriotic since 2002, when I realized that we were doing more harm than good in the world.

Father's Day is also nice, but again, I rarely have any idea what to do with him since fishing is out of the question now...

I don't mind any particular holiday, to be honest, but Halloween....

Halloween's my f a v o r i t e!!!

I think that'll do it for me today!

Go Enjoy Something!!!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!