Saturday, October 13, 2018

Saturday Casual Gaming 18: Zombidle

Game: Zombidle
Publisher: Berzerk Studio
Platform(s): Kongregate.com, mobile, Steam

This game is as fun as that looks, as long as you like idle games
I love idle games. I love zombie games. I love ridiculously named villains.

Mostly, I just wanted to show you guys one of the loading screens.
This game is all three wrapped up in a fun, obsessive package. You play as Bob, a disgruntled necromancer, who decides to take his wrath out on all the boring peasants in his path. Summoning creatures like zombies, giant zombies, undead knights, and even demons or eldritch horrors, you can perform the Trogdor-like feat of burninating the countryside and burninating the peasants.

Bob was a man.
Well, actually, he was a necromancer man.
Or maybe just a necromancer.
But he was still BOOOOOOOOOBBBBBB!


When you've destroyed a particular area, you collect the skulls of your enemies, which are used as currency for purchasing and improving your minions. Sometimes, you'll find diamonds, which you can drag down to hell (where your succubus girlfriend hangs out) and build up a domain there. When you defeat bosses, they sometimes drop white orbs, which are your third currency and can be repaired on Rebirth (the prestige mechanic in this game) and both improve your power and can also be spent to buy items to help you fight harder. The last two "currencies" are black orbs (which I don't really remember what they do) and bloodstones, which are a kind of premium currency that you can use to skip ads.

I don't like spending money on free games (mostly because I don't  have any money to spend, pesky joblessness and all), so I only have the free bloodstones I've gained through linking accounts and participating in events.

Events appear on the world map sometimes. Currently, the Halloween event kinda has something to do with surgery so... guess which squeamish derp isn't checking that out anytime soon. Flash-based animation be darned, I'm too chicken to check.

This game is really fun. It kind of gives you a sadistic sense of joy as you destroy these villagers and their homes, jabbing your finger onto them, cruelly, as they run about on fire.

Basically, this is a great time-sink if you're feeling bored or grumpy.

That'll about do it for me, I think. You should totally check this game out!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!