Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Talk About Tuesday 18

I need to calm down with the whole "making new characters/stories" thing. My brain has struck again. In my defense, however, we've just come off of a long period of nice mid-to-upper 50s days with cold (down to about 38 or 39 degrees) days, and I think best when my head is not swimming in hot, soupy air. Hot, dry air and cool air are best for thought, I've noticed...

Regardless, I'm now working on another project. Let's just shovel this one on top of the other 398k projects I've come up with over the years, shall we? Heh. This one's a bit more Halloween-ish, but that can also be blamed on me re-reading David Herter's October Dark and my waiting eagerly for the 12th when I can watch that Curious Creations of Christine McConnell show on Netflix. Also, 'tis the season for WCW's Halloween Havoc, the incomparable Hocus Pocus, and binge-watching old episodes of Svengoolie or Penny Dreadful's Shilling Shockers.

I love this book.
There aren't too many copies of the hardcover available, unfortunately.
Thankfully, though, you can get it for Kindle.
I mean, I have to watch it just for the practical effects!
And Dita Von Teese...
Are these good Pay-Per-Views? Not really.
Do I still love them? You betcha.
Z & I are rewatching this movie soon!

This guy makes even the worst movies more fun! Hooray for Horror Hosts!

I've had the honor of meeting some of these lovely people at a couple of conventions.
You should absolutely find this show and watch it.
Buy some dvds!

The new project, by the way, might turn into a comic. It's kind of a spooky superhero thing. I'm certainly looking at a lot of Hellblazer panels for inspiration, here. It makes me miss the Constantine show. That was fun. Well, maybe "fun" isn't the word - you do end up watching a guy get eaten alive from the inside out at one point - but it was a good show and a great point of entry for someone like me who never read the comics back in the day. It made me want to read the comics!

This miserable berk...

I've written and drawn one comic before this as a final for a class I was in. I don't remember if I passed the class (unlikely, since it was miserable trying to commute across the state to a campus that I knew nothing about and being expected to do digital art when I have never had the means or opportunity to learn to do it, and also being expected to easily access web-based materials located in places I didn't have the internet capabilities and/or information necessary to access...), but I do remember being heckin' proud of my simple line-drawn art and layouts, all done on paper and scanned into the computer into a program that I can't afford anymore. Pity - it made the layouts so much easier, since I basically just resized my images into the boxes I'd set up.

This will be probably both better drawn and written - it's been more than 6 years since then, I'm pretty sure, and I have to have improved somewhat (though I'm still crap at drawing people who don't look like shop dummies...).

So that's what I'm up to today, sitting in a recliner while the cat hogs the couch, slowly sipping a double-strength mocha that I accidentally put two spoonfuls of coffee into (oops), and listening to fallish jazz on YouTube... and it's 65℉ outside. You never know what kind of weather you're getting here. My arms feel cold, the sun looks like fall, but it feels like spring outside.

😐

Ah well, that's just going to have to do it for me, today.

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!