Monday, October 15, 2018

Fiber Monday 19: Fingerless Gloves Finale!

That's right, guys, the gloves are finished!

I tried something new to stitch the sides together, but it's 100% unnecessary, since you can use either the long tail you leave initially or just use a slip-stitch or single crochet the two sides together. I chose to do something complicated, and what I was trying to do may not come through in the photos...

So here's one of the finished gloves. I've got it right-side facing.

Now I've folded it so that the wrong side is facing out.
This is the side we do our stitching on.

For the new technique, I've got my hook through the first two stitches, closest to the knots for the tails.

I've wrapped the yarn of one tail around my hook and I'll pull it partly through both stitches to form a loop.

Here's my loop!
Now I'm going to grab the second tail and pull it all the way through the loop, forming our first stitch.

I did my best to show here how I've got one tail going through the loop of the other.
 
I'm going through the second stitch on both sides, but I've started from the opposite side.
I'll repeat this, alternating sides with each progressive stitch until I reach the uneven side.

I forgot to show it, but I skipped 3 stitches at the uneven side to form a thumb-hole.
Then I resumed stitching to the end and wove the sides in.
Finally, I turned it right-side-out so you couldn't see my stitching.

Here is my tiny hand swimming in the new fingerless glove!
Curse you short fingers!

And here are my finished gloves!
These are pretty darn warm, and the pattern is really visually interesting, too. I'm considering what it would take to make a hat with this pattern. I'll let you know if I manage it.

As for our next project, I'm going to take a look at my stash for anything appropriately seasonal. Maybe some black or orange yarn? I'm also debating whether I'll make a bat or a pumpkin with you next. I've been working on pumpkins with a bobble stitch, but if I do a pumpkin, I want it to be cabled, and that's... that's a bit fraught...

That's going to do it for me today!

Go Enjoy Make Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!