Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Talk About Tuesday 23

It's pouring out there, guys, and it's not particularly warm while it does so. The weather is, in a word, garbage. It's a breezy 42℉ (which is a breezy 5 or 6℃ for the rest of the world). Ugh. It's pretty gnarly out there. We haven't seen the bobcat for a few days, though we have seen our black squirrel at least one more time, and I've seen both white and blond pigeons out there. Here's hoping that the hawk we've spotted doesn't go for those two...

Wildlife and weather aside, it's been quite the week since my last Talk About Tuesday. I went to the Ring of Honor/New Japan Global Wars Tour in Lewiston and saw a bunch of great wrestling and wound up with the top of my head on the hard camera! I also learned about a few new recipes I'd like to try (besides the Anadama bread, there's also something called Hot Water Pie and I've got a few cookbooks I'd like to break in). I need to look for more orange yarn for my poor Franken-pumpkin!

Basically, I've got so much stuff going on that it's a bit overwhelming.

So instead of getting my crap together and trying to make life easier for myself, I'm just playing Breath of the Wild and Scream Collector...

Regardless, here's what I hope to accomplish by next Tuesday:


  • Write up a review of the Lewiston show and the trip surrounding it for tomorrow (which will take a lot of work because I've got over 300 pictures, most of which are awful, to sift through!)
  • Make some Art for Thursday. Maybe that's also the day I'll cook? I don't know!
  • Friday I get to talk about a childhood favorite that we rewatched to the dismay of pretty much all but two of us...
  • Saturday is going to involve a spider who just. won't. die - but it's not scary, I promise!
  • Sunday is a big question mark because I don't know what I will or won't be able to make! Yikes! Maybe pizza? Maybe pizza.
  • Monday will hopefully be a lot of stuffing and sewing with the pumpkin with maybe some cosmetic upgrades (stem & button to hide the final holes...)
  • Tuesday next should be another update-palooza!

But aside from my half-baked planning skills, what have I been doing this week? I've just been doing that thing called living, I guess. I made sandwiches yesterday and Z liked them? Also I played more Breath of the Wild... I should really get the DLC at some point because the idea of rolling through Hyrule on a motorcycle was something I didn't know I needed until I saw the trailer...

I also managed to convince Z, who doesn't know about or particularly care about Pokemon, to come to the new Pokemon movie with me. I'll be honest, I thought the trailer was one of those cruel fan-film ones that appear every so often and tease me with a story that isn't about someone becoming the very best trainer in the Pokemon world! Then Ryan Reynolds started talking through that Pikachu face and... I'm sold. I'll watch a movie about a super-fluffy CG Pikachu in a deerstalker helping a kid find his dad.

I don't remember the game Detective Pikachu (has it even come out yet), but I'm given to understand that the movie is basically the game: the movie. I'm okay with that. I'm also still holding out on a Mystery Dungeon movie in this style. Because that series gets dark when you pay attention to it. (I've heard there's a Spoink whose pearl is stolen at one point, and if you read the Pokedex entry on Spoinks, that makes things very, very scary. You don't steal the spring-pig's pacemaker, guys. You just don't.)

Regardless, I have a lot of stuff that I should plan for, and if I want to make Hot Water Pie at any point, I'm absolutely going to have to buy a whole box of butter because that thing requires three sticks of butter. Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang. That's a lot of butter.

Mmm...


Anyway, that's all for me today!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!