Thursday, November 8, 2018

Thursday Art Walk 22

So...

I'm exhausted from my trip to Lewiston to see the first show in the ROH/NJPW Global Wars Tour. One of my friends has bruised palms. I took over 300 photos (maybe half of which are usable!) and didn't get back until after midnight!

Also...

Remember how I mentioned I'd had a visitor?!

Prepare for a bobcat photodump because it was back today!

They're... not the best photos, but I really tried!!!

Blurry photo of bobcat is very blurry!

Still very blurry!

For reference, I zoomed in 4x on my camera, and this is what I saw.

It's much, much closer in real life. It looked about corgi-sized!

Here's what it was hunting - our huge squirrels!

It's blurry, but that's when it moved across the lawn!

See? Here it is closer to the wood pile.
The birch tree it was behind earlier is just out of the shot.

It's so dang close!




Suddenly, It bolted towards the wood pile, where several squirrels and doves were milling around!

Its prey fled, but it maintained course!

I felt pretty bad that its lunch had flown the coop, but also relieved that I didn't witness a birdur!

Like any feline, it decided to pretend it hadn't been hunting squirrels.

It hung out here for about ten minutes more.

It was beautiful.








For size reference, that white blob on the right?
That's a 5-gallon bucket.

After this encounter, I had to make a drawing.

"Visitor"; graphite on legal paper, 2018.
The whole encounter lasted 20 minutes (maximum), and my next door neighbors were getting their new propane tank the whole time. I'm pretty sure no one noticed but me (since they wouldn't have been able to see the bobcat from their angle), but... wow.

That was intense.

I suppose all that's left for me to do today is say "Go Enjoy Something"

so...

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!