Sunday, March 24, 2019

Survival Sunday 212: Ramen Doubleshot

I'm doing something dangerous today, guys. I made noodles twice in the last week, and rather than save them up like a sane person, I'm giving you both at the same time. Because I'm crazy. And also because, sadly, the first batch of photos came out super blurry!

Our ingredients for this bland miso noodle dish:
2 eggs, the noodles, their pack, some furikake seasoning & spicy ramen pepper (not shown)
There is a secret addition, as well, since it was just after St. Patrick's Day...

I like to put the eggs aside in a bowl for easier transfer.

Once the water is boiling, add the ramen, then the eggs.
Ideally the eggs sit on top of the brick, but gravity took over.
Oops.

My mother made brisket for St. Patrick's Day and since almost no one came to dinner,
there were a ton of leftovers. Z & I were happy to oblige in the devouring of the beef.

We heated and placed some of the meat in the bottom of our ramen bowl with a hint of hot sesame oil!

This ramen is supposedly "healthier" for you.
The dude at the top is a Japanese radio host.

The powder packet was pink!

Here we see the noodles & eggs nearly done!

I'm definitely battling the blur.

I couldn't get a good shot of the finished product with all of the spices & furikake added

I give up. It was too delicious to photograph at the table, so....
blurry photos it is!

So after our fairly tasty but still slightly bland brisket-basket of noodles, we had more of that brisket with other sauces added, but after a while we ran out. We had more noodles, though, so we decided to go for it with a new approach to protein-addition!

This is just roast beef lunchmeat, torn up, soaking in raw egg and hot sesame oil!
We left that while I boiled water and got the rest of the noodles ready.

These noodles were supposed to be spicy, which I knew Z would love!
I wasn't feeling particularly noodley that day, however.

More Furikake and hot ramen pepper!

Boiling the water.

Here we have the noodles, softened nearly to the end of their cooking.
We added the egg/beef mixture late so that the meat wouldn't get too tough.
Very cool!

This dish had its own hot oil to add, so we added that & the flavor packet, then mixed it all up.

More seasonings have been added!
That cloudiness on the edges is from the egg, which has gone full egg-drop soup!


It should tell you something that this, too never got photographed at the table because it was too tasty to stop eating!
Good stuff!

I'm really happy with how both of these meals came out. If you're dressing up your ramen, feel free to leave a photo in the comments!

Also, look at this "baby gherkin" pickle I found last week - it's huge! It was in a Vlasic jar of sweet baby gherkins, and it was delicious.

jar lid & tiny thumb for scale. Seriously, my hands are small.
My thumb is 3/4 as tall as my cellphone.
It makes taking pics hard sometimes...
So that's what I cooked this past week. I never got around to baking like I wanted, but here we are... Hopefully I get to it this coming week! I've got so many recipes to try!!!

Anyway, I hope you all have a good week!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!