Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Talk About Tuesday 210

Boy has today been a rough one.

First I woke up around 4AM with my upper back & shoulders seized up from shoveling without stretching first. To add insult to injury, I also had awful heartburn from dinner. It was so bad that I had to go downstairs and try to sit on the couch, hoping that being vertical would help the heartburn, at least. It didn't work. I ended up dozing on the couch for hours.

Around 8AM, I was awakened by something magical, however...

There's a show I fell in love with when I had to work in the morning. It was on one of the PBS affiliates that came in on our tv, and it was from Japan. I'd just begun to fall in love with Japanese food, so watching actual Japanese chefs make this food in Japan on a national Japanese television show for Gaijin (foreigners)? Awesome.

Today's episode of Dining With The Chef was for Sweet & Sour pork spare ribs.

So of course, that's when my body gave up again and I started drifting in and out. I missed most of the episode, but boy do I want to eat everything they showed on that episode. If you can find the episode of Dining With The Chef with Chef Rika making this dish, feel free to leave a comment with a link in it!

And now I'm hungry. Which is a change from when I first woke up where the very thought of food had me trembling with discomfort. Twice-Cooked Pork is amazing, but I think I wasn't in a gut space to handle it...

Anyhow, you guys aren't here to hear about me wasting a beautiful (if chilly) day sleeping on the couch in front of PBS.



  • Tomorrow is another commissioned Wednesdaymania! I'll put one bit of the bad news that I'll also have to put on the blog right here: we lost King Kong Bundy today. It sucks. He was 61.
  • Thursday has me making art! I'll also be heading to my local library for a showing of The Beast from 20000 Fathoms, which should be a blast!
  • Friday will be about a weeeeeeeeeird movie that, in my opinion, maybe should've gotten more Oscars and was infinitely more deserving than Green Book. Z knows what I'm talking about. The best movie about rabbits this decade.
  • Saturday will likely be about one of the weird logic games I've been playing. Either that or I'll cover one of the other free games I've been fiddling around with on Kongregate...
  • Sunday... I don't know. If I get a chance on Thursday between the art and the movie, I might bake... If I don't bake, I'll think of something, never fear!
  • Monday will have me finishing limbs and making a tail for our cat. That should be... interesting.
  • Tuesday next will have me blathering on about scheduling once more!

In other news, I've been working on more story stuff, and while Byrd is far slower-progressing than I'm pleased with, I'm making great leaps on the meat of Butters Ridge and I accidentally came up with a concept for a maybe someday video game I'm calling Revigille or Revigil (I haven't decided yet).

I should really get to posting this so I can get ready to head out - six to eight inches of snow fell out there and it's going to take me twice as long as usual to get anywhere...

Go Enjoy Something!!!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!