Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Talk About Tuesday 212

I need about six more cups of coffee today to deal with the fact that I'm alive. Lol. I wore my favorite sweatshirt to bed and it's so soft and warm and inviting and I'm falling asleep typing this even though I don't actually need more sleep...

I am on the hunt for one of my crochet hooks which has gone walkabout - it's my K/10.5 hook, and I kinda need it for a vest I'm trying to make from a new book I bought at the library book sale on Saturday.

This is peak 1983 handmade fashion, guys.

Why do I want to make things from a seriously outdated book? Because I'm crazy, to be honest.

Also, this vest is dapper af.

Speaking of historical fashion, I discovered a YouTuber named Bernadette Banner, and she's got me thinking about sewing again. I tried to sew myself a vest for Halloween a few years ago, but... it didn't work so good. I kill every sewing machine I touch, and I haven't been able to use one since middle school. Guys, that's nearly twenty years ago. Ouch. Owowowowow.

Anywho, Ms Banner makes historic garments using almost entirely hand-stitching techniques and "original practice" (she sews the way they did in the 1700s-1910s), and man... it makes me want to go bananas and make something for myself.

I do have a wall-hanging to hem, so I might follow her how-to and do just that...

Regardless, I did a lot of YouTube during the prolonged periods between being too tired to work on anything but not being able to sleep, so that was my week...

Here's my schedule for the next week:

  • Tomorrow I'll be talking about the weirdest thing I've seen on the WWE Network. Yes, weirder than the YETI. Yes, weirder than the Gobbeldegooker. Yes, weirder than Dusty Rhodes ripping his clothes off because he's mad at Ric Flair. It involves Kelloggs. The cereal brand.
  • Thursday will be art! And possibly baking...
  • Friday will be about either the Apollo 11 doc I just watched last night or about some truly wretched movies, lol.
  • Saturday will be about a new Merge game I've been devoting too much time to.
  • Sunday will likely be about a delicious noodle dish we made with leftovers, but I warn you, my photos are extra-blurry. Oops.
  • Monday next will have me stuffing & sewing our cat together. I may do fine finish work, but I might not, too. We'll see!
  • Tuesday next will be more of me babbling, so look forward to that!
What follows are some recommendations. I won't be doing all of them every week, and I might come up with different categories later, but for today, here's a bunch of recs:

Music Recommendation of the week:

Movie Recommendation of the week:
House on Haunted Hill (the one with Vincent Price)

Artist Recommendation of the week:

Okay, that'll do it! (because I'm going to go get more coffee, lol)

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!