Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Talk About Tuesday 211

My cat is staring at me from the window sill right now. I think she's annoyed that I have coffee but I didn't share my half-and-half. Of course, as soon as I typed that, she proved me wrong and is currently sleeping next to me now... wow. Cats be strange, folks :)

Anywho, it's Tuesday again already, which means I get to blather on and on about real life nonsense!

Like the fact that we had another storm (wintry mix) the other day, followed by a day that was almost 50℉ (10℃), and today we're back to right around freezing again. At least it's sunny. It's actually quite beautiful out today.

We've had a lot more wildlife this year than usual! Beyond the coyotes I told you guys about and the massive influx of ducks, we've had more raptors in our skies than usual (I expect ospreys and the little hawks, but we've also had some big hawks flying around and maybe even a falcon or two!), and we've had a cute Barred Owl camping out in our back yard. I think one of the new raptors hawk-blocked him while he was hunting mice the first time my mother saw him!

So we've got coyotes, owls, hawks, falcons, songbirds, ducks, gulls, pigeons, doves, mice, squirrels, chipmunks, and deer lately. We still haven't seen the bobcat again, so hopefully he or she has returned to the rural mountains where they belong.

Aside from weather and wildlife, things have been pretty quiet around here. I baked bread (Survival Sunday 210), I ate noodles, I snuggled with the cat. I drank too much coffee and not enough water. I read bad fanfiction and good fanfiction. I discovered a blog called Sheikah Plate. I watched The Beast from 20000 Fathoms at my local library. I watched some... not great movies with Z & our Film and Editing Friendo. We're going to make a trilogy of bad movies before I talk about the first two...

I haven't been keeping up on reading or writing. Ouch. I'll have to get back to work on that! On the plus side, I've actually started a document for the Butters Ridge idea. I just don't quite know how to open a story that's basically a domestic drama about an artist who ends up working as the gimmick-maker and Title Designer for an up-and-coming Indie Wrestling Promotion...

Here's our delightful schedule for the next week:


  • Wednesdaymania this week is going to be... something? I don't know yet. For all I know, I'll be watching some wrestling today. If not, I'll look some stuff up tonight. I also need to talk about this month's sad wrestling deaths :(
  • Thursday may have me drawing some more lineart. I like lineart.
  • Friday has the unique distinction of me not knowing what I'm going to write about this week... I know there are movies we've watched that I haven't discussed, but I don't remember which ones right now.
  • Saturday is going to be about one of the most ubiquitous forms of gaming around today, but I won't tell you which... Also, it may be late, since I'll be going to a book sale in the morning. Sorry, brahs and babes.
  • Sunday is a mystery, even to me! Maybe I'll bake again on Thursday? Maybe I'll make rice that isn't burned? Maybe I'll even try something from the Sheikah Plate? Who knows! It'll be a surprise.
  • Monday we'll work on kitty some more. I'll probably just make the ears, but if that's too little, I'll also work on the mouth/muzzle. Maybe I'll even take more pictures of my kitty to make things cuter!
  • And finally, next Tuesday, I'll be blathering on some more!

I should try to find something new every week to talk about, but let's face it, I'm a lazy bum and will not do it for love or money. :P

Maybe I'll talk about the 1995 version of The Wind in the Willows on Friday...

And maybe I'll actually get some reading done with Gun, with Occasional Music.

Final note - Z has become obsessed with the Enjoy Something Links I have today, so blame Z for getting this stuck in your heads :P

FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!