Sunday, March 31, 2019

Survival Sunday 213: Random Ramen

You've probably noticed a theme to Survival Sundays, and that's Ramen. See, here's the thing, I love noodles, and Z & I get Umai Crates monthly, but this week the noodles in question came from some very generous friends of ours, so thank you to our noodle-bros!

I'm not 100% sure what nation these noodles originated from, but they were really good.

We added a little onion and some ramen pepper, which was pretty nice.

I'm not sure what the white & black package was, but it was kinda grainy & sticky,
so I'm going with maybe coconut oil/sugar?

We also added three eggs and some torn-up roast beef.

We were told to mix all of the flavor packets together, so here's the ingredients before they were mixed up

And here they are all kinda mixed together.

I'm pretty pleased that I didn't get any shell in the bowl!

And here's our whipped up eggs.

Then I added the roast beef.

I mixed the eggs & beef together and let them sit and marinate while I did the noodles!

This block of noodz broke themselves!
Sadly, I forgot to snap a pic of the meat/egg mixture being added to the water, but it looked pretty neat.

Here we see the noodz having been removed from the water with the beef & egg mix together.
I used a pasta spoon for this, so the water wasn't there.

And here we have the bowl properly mixed.
Since this was a dry noodle dish (no broth), it took a while to get the mostly dry flavors mixed in, but man was it worth it. The package said "barbecue chicken" flavored, but it's absolutely not American-style bbq. This was wonderful. The flavor was sour & sweet & salty, but not the sugary sweetness we're used to here in the States - this was more like a citrusy sweetness, more like Teriyaki, to be honest, and it was really good.

The noodles got left in a little long, but they still held enough chew to not be soggy, which was great!

If I were to change one thing about our prep, I would've added some veggies. I think that some pea pods & bean sprouts would've added a lot.

That and I would've taken more photos lol.

I'm looking forward to trying more new things in the kitchen!

Now Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!