Monday, May 6, 2019

Fiber Monday 219: Shawl vs Casual

So... remember how I was going to make the shawl out of sock yarn? Remember how I wasn't 100% sold on the idea that I could make it? I failed.

It was actually supposed to be done in 2 strands of fingering/sock size yarn, 2 balls of each. I didn't have that kind of yarn in those quantities, so I started over.

With worsted.

In a nice melon green color.

And I ran out.

...

Ugh.

Anywho, I did manage to find just the right yarn to make it from - one of my 1lb skeins of baby yarn! So here it is in it's nearly-finished glory:

Lion Brand Pound of Love in Pastel Green;
A fantastic choice for the discerning fiber artist if you're going for something that's both soft & flexible!

Here's an earlier edition of it!
The shawl's current state. Coffee cup & area rug for scale.
This beast is so cozy! I'm maybe a little in love with the design & the warm, cozy weight of it. It's going to be perfect for wearing at night or in early mornings...

Now all I need to do is finish the next 3 rows, make the edging and sew in the ends! I can't wait! This is the largest square-footage project I've created to date, and I couldn't be prouder!

Now Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!