Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Talk About Tuesday 222

It's a cloudy 55℉ (~13℃) day here. The cat is curled up in the next recliner over from me - the one my mother usually sits in. My coffee is gone and I'm debating grabbing another cup. I just ate a cheddar bagel with cream cheese.

Life is pretty okay today, y'know?

I mean, my feet are cold, but I'm just being stubborn about pulling down a blanket to drape over my lap.

One of my tabs is playing a weird playlist purporting to be 80s Japanese music. It's pretty great. I have that granny-square crochet project on my lap, working on the 21st round. Probably have 8 more to go before I change it over to make the skirt. There are three different labels inside the cone of chenille yarn I'm using for this project (courtesy of the local thrift shop). One is from the Dutton Yarn Company and calls the color "cognac". The others are apparently vendor labels, only one of which is legible (since it's slapped on top of the other) and says the color of this acrylic chenille is "port". I'll have to go with Dutton on this. It's much more brown than red, so port doesn't quite work with it.

Wildlife updates:

We have what might be a Scarlet Tanager female in our backyard! It's a fairly good-sized yellow bird (two or three times the size of our usual goldfinches and the wrong shape to be one) and it hangs out around the suet feeder. How pretty!

We also have a new pigeon which is about 88% white. We're getting paler pigeons every year. How novel!

Z & I saw something bolt across the street the other night when he was walking me home. It moved like either a rabbit (serious hind-leg movement!) or maybe even a very small bobcat kitten, but I'm leaning more towards wild rabbit because I've seen those much more reliably than our bobcat (multiple sightings over the course of multiple years). I'm pretty sure they live in a nearby swamp.

Our chipmunk may have a little one it's showing the ropes! I've seen the normal-sized chipmunk around the yard and on the deck, but lately I've also been seeing a very small chipmunk - about the same size as a mouse!

Finally, we had a Newfoundland in our house the other day. She was enormous and adorable, and at first, Evie (our cat) was very cautious. She ran upstairs at first, but since she's very confident in her ownership of our house she came back downstairs later and we discovered that the colossal canine was actually afraid of our 8lb cat! Seriously, Evie sniffed the edge of the dog's tail as she was laying down and the dog bolted up and power-walked over to my sister & her bf (who brought the dog). It was adorable, because Evie was just looking after her like "what? What'd I do?"

I think that'll do it for animal updates for now, lol...

On to the Weekly Updates:

  • Tomorrow I'm talking about Double or Nothing because I'll explode if I don't!
  • Thursday will be more art, maybe even colors?
  • Friday should involve either a freaking insane movie I half-watched or the world's worst superhero pilot. Seriously. It's terrible.
  • Saturday will probably be about the blacksmithing game I just downloaded.
  • Sunday will be about some great noodles Z & I made up - either the ones with a donated topping or the ones we prepared for funsies with the naughty name...
  • Monday will have more pictures than this yesterday!
  • Next Tuesday will be more of me blithering away like a dingbat :P

So there's the plan, man!

My granny squares and hidden object or merge games call my name.

So does the teakettle...

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!