Monday, May 27, 2019

Fiber Monday 222: Shawl Good

I'm going to run out of punny titles eventually. We all know it.

I worked on the Lost Souls shawl for a while again this week! I mean, I also have a few other projects I'm working on (an experiment in filet crochet, a shrug, and a weird granny-square tunic), which has meant that my Lost Souls shawl has been a little slow to grow, but...

It's shawl good.

I'll see myself out...

It's reaching a size where it becomes a bit unmanageable to photograph without my legs/feet in the shot.
Also, that's a pretty standard sized coaster for scale!
I'm pretty pleased with how it's starting to look, but I know that I'm going to really, really struggle to get it to stay in the right shape, so I'll probably have to go at it with an iron. I don't think the thread will like too much heat, so I'll go on a lighter setting and try to keep it from getting away from me.

It's gonna look pretty cool in action, I think :)

As for the other three projects I'm doing, I will post photos next week, I think, of my progress. I'm... not thrilled with how the shrug is going, to be honest, and it's going to be a few weeks before anything recognizable happens to the filet crochet (I'm making the lower border right now). The project with the most progress is the tunic, and that's because it's granny-square double crochet in rounds around a neck hole that's... pretty big, to be honest. I may have miscounted a time or two with it, too, but it's coming along. Curse my weird shoulders and short torso...

So how are you all doing? Any really cool projects you're working on? If you want to show off your projects, feel free to toss them up in the comments!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!