Thursday, May 30, 2019

Thursday Art Walk 222: Dedbert and Friends

I was wrong about getting colors down today, guys. Sorry! I did, however, work on some more designs for the main logo and drew out some preliminary sketches of potential new "characters" to add to Dedbert's cadre:

I just can't get the bowl to look right :(

These three are based off of stuffed animals I have.
The bear is Patches, the rabbit is Benjamin, and the snake is Mr Wigglesworth.
I don't know if I'll do anything else with these guys, but I think I'll practice drawing them some more anyway!

Today is partly sunny. I'm at the kitchen table watching a bluejay tussle with some grackles and gray squirrels while our resident chipmunk steals every single seed from under the bird feeder. There are old Christmas trees slowly drying out by the wood pile, and I can see Forget-Me-Nots, swamp mallow, and dandelions waving softly in the breeze.

The neighbor's chickens are out clearing the ticks from the backyard again, and I'm happy to report that the one who has usually been missing every feather from her behind is recovering nicely. She has a tail again!

Evie the cat is curled up in her "tent" - a fleecy blanket draped over the back of the couch with another fluffy blanket folded up underneath - snoring away. She apparently slept on my dad's lap last night. Yeah dad. Tell me again how much you hate the cat...

I do want to apologize for how little work I got done on my art today. I was delayed significantly because the house was not empty like it usually is on Thursday mornings. My poor mom couldn't get to work because we were blocked in by road crews paving the street. I'm not going to complain about better pavement. I just wish they'd waited until 10AM to start instead of trapping people in their homes, lol...

But enough whining.

Today looks lovely, and I'm probably going to go for a short walk later.

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!