Thursday, May 9, 2019

Thursday Art Walk 219: Sketchy Sketches

I decided to try my hand at some random sketches today. It didn't go too badly, but it took me all day to get just this much, and I know that this is just how art works, but I just want the finished product now, so it's really hard to be satisfied with sketchy blobby things and wireframes...

Preliminary Dedbert Sketch

Unfinished Dedbert Lineart

Cozyboi

Partial wireframe 1

Wireframe closeup; you can see he's supposed to be a wee bit chonky

sketchy blobman; this is what I kind of want my wireframe to do, eventually.
The notes say "HOLD BOOK" "DRINK COFFEE" "WALK"
These are the actions I want the figure to do!

Wretched sketchy blobman more clearly showing what I want.
I don't want to have him drinking out of one of those to-go cups, but I couldn't make the mug work.
I will absolutely be reducing that stride. My chonkyboi is not a fast mover.
The book is at the wrong angle.


Honestly, it's pretty fun to be able to do random sketches after several weeks plugging along at logos. I am not giving up on the logos, though! I look forward to finishing those!

I also look forward to working more on these drawings so that I can color them up and let you guess at chonkyboi/cozyboi's identity :)

Have a great day, guys!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!