Friday, January 17, 2020

Filmic Friday 303: Pacific Blue and the Roku Channel App

I don't always use this blog to talk about tv,
but when I do, it's primo nonsense.

I don't watch a whole lot of tv. It's not something I wear like a badge of honor or anything, I just don't really do the whole... programming thing. I usually go online, watch movies, or check things out on my Roku.

Well, the Roku has an app called the "Roku Channel", and it's become my new best friend.

See, the Roku Channel has some of the tv shows I never saw growing up in the 1990s, and I remember tv as being delightfully cheesy back then, so when the opportunity to watch Pacific Blue came up... I had to do it.

Woo, 90s!

So what the heck is Pacific Blue?

Santa Monica Pier needs protecting, and the best way for cops to patrol a pedestrian-heavy area is by foot or... bike.

Yeah.

It's bike cops.

CHIPS without engines.

And with very muscular legs

The world of Pacific Blue, however is what attracts me, far more than the police-procedural-but-on-a-beach aspect. This is a world where drugs are plentiful on the pristine beaches of Santa Monica, people have relationship issues, there's someone stealing and stripping cars, and...

Micky Dolenz from the Monkees is the mayor.

Yes. You read that right.

It's incredible.

So yeah, this show is a blatant ripoff of Baywatch, but it's got those sweet 1990s XTREME BIKING camera angles, it looks great, the music is awesome, the acting is... well, let's face it, it's very Baywatch.

If that sounds like your cup of tea - a cop show on bikes surrounded by models in bikinis - then swing on over to your Roku and look up the Roku Channel to see it! It's absolutely worth a half hour of your time at least :)

Go Enjoy Something,
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!