Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Wednesdaymania 304: Brief Updates

In Which I Talk About Wrestling
I've been enjoying what wrestling has to offer in 2020 so far. New Japan is doing interesting things, AEW got renewed through 2023, WWE is trying to make things interesting (and it's working, though maybe not always in a good way), ROH basically stole Marty, and just... wrestling in general is pretty cool right now.

I've been following a bunch of wrestlers on Twitter, and I strongly recommend finding whoever you like in the ring and following them on Twitter. It can be either a delight or a head trip. Except for Cena. He just gives inspirational quotes and crap. It's kinda boring. Good for him.

The big news this week, I think, is that the latest Sumo basho wound up with Hakuho, one of the most active and successful Yokozunae I've seen since I started watching, pulling out of the tournament after suffering two losses in a row!

I've only ever seen him lose two or three matches since I started watching Sumo!

Holy cow!

But yeah, the only other news regarding wrestling that I have for now is that I'm actively writing my wrestling novel!

The novella I wrote was 12k words or so and has become Part 1 of a three-part book. I'm working on Part 2 now, and I've gotten 1600 words already! I'm super excited for this to keep growing and to finish Part 2 so I can see if the mechanics of the book really do work together. Then I can work on Part 3! And after the three parts of the story are done, then I can edit it - add in things that are missing, take out things that don't belong, tighten up language, loosen up action, etc. Then... look for publishers!

I'm so nervous. I haven't finished anything written in years. I haven't sent any manuscripts out in years.

But I'm super excited and I can't wait to share this story with the world!

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!