Thursday, January 30, 2020

Thursday Art Walk 305: The Family Business

In Which Ma Boi Takes on the Work

Daily weather update: it's currently sunny and 28℉ (-2.2℃). I'm both eager and not eager to go for my daily walk (it's gonna be cold, but it'll also give me that sweet, sweet Vitamin D my body craves so deeply... yes, lol, it wants the D. Yours would, too, if you rarely got to see the sun for 2/3 of the year...)

I joke a lot about Dedbert being my son, so why not have a picture of him doing what I do?

"The Family Business"; graphite and ink on sketch paper; 2020

Dedbert here is hard at work at the ol' WordyBirdy Typewriter, click-clack-dinging his way to a proper manuscript. To be honest, I'm a lil jelly because I don't have a typewriter of my own to type on, and the WordyBirdy seems quite nice. Then again, I type a little faster than him, and that model seems to be more meant for the ol' hunt-and-peck style of typing.

I might color this in at some point, or I might start over and make a bigger, better version. For now, I'm quite pleased with this ink sketch.

The title's a bit of a brag, to be honest. I like to write (I mean, otherwise, I'd probably just make bland, ranty YouTube videos instead of a blog), and since I'm currently working on a novel, that makes writing my business. My partner, who I only half-jokingly refer to as Dedbert's other parent, is also a really good writer, so of course our son wants to join in on the family business.

And yes, we're both very proud of our boy for Doing the Work, as Cody Rhodes puts it.

Now, if y'all will excuse us, my feathery son and I need to get back to work :)

Go Enjoy Something!
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!