Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Talk About Tuesday 305

In Which There Is Much To Discuss
It's a gray and gloomy day - not at all like the cold-yet-mostly-sunny day I was promised last night. At 33℉ (0.6℃), it's chillier than it has been all week, but I'm okay with that. The cold might clear my fuzzy head. I don't sleep well, this time of year, which locals call "False Spring". It's both too cold to sleep without heavy blankets but too warm to be comfortable in them. My neck sweats while my toes freeze.

Welcome to that sweet New England life so many people dream of. It's mud and ice and sleepless nights listening to coyotes scream at raccoons at the local dump while your neighbor leaves their stupidly bright front light on, casting shadows of the neighbor's aging tree into your room, which is coincidentally exactly where that tree will land if it's not trimmed next year.

New England is, by its very nature, a stressful place.

Where isn't?

Grumpy thoughts aside, I really am looking forward to today. Yesterday, I was treated to some fantastic Thai food (well, I had Korean pork, but the restaurant is a Thai restaurant), watched a completely insane movie that my partner and I were both sure would just be an allegory but instead barreled straight ahead into the madness, and talked about writing at great length. It was just about a perfect day, which bodes well for today, to be honest.

But you're not here to hear about my day, you're here about the week. Please do bear in mind that due to the novel (which is coming along!) I may skip a day here and there to work on writing.


  • Tomorrow I'd like to talk some about the crazy cruise ship adventures from AEW
  • Thursday I should have some art to show you
  • Friday will either be about Highway to Hell or Hereditary or Poltergeist: The Legacy
  • Saturday will probably involve a tower defense game, believe it or not
  • Sunday will probably involve noodles :P
  • Monday will be more progress (I hope!) on the shrug
  • Next Tuesday I'll blather more about life, the weather, the blog, and writing

Speaking of writing! I'm not sure how much is going to stick around, but I'm 3k words into Part 2 of my novel, so let's hope I can keep up the pace. Also, let's hope I can really crystallize what I'm doing in this book into a solid idea. I always second-guess myself. I think I'm doing things right, though, so I'll keep going.

How are your guys' 2020 projects going? Are you writing a book or poetry or plays or something? Are you drawing? Making comics? Sewing, knitting, crocheting, crafting? You can do it, whatever it is! And if you make mistakes, you can learn from them, apply that knowledge gained, and improve your work! You guys rock!

Go Enjoy Something
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!