Monday, March 2, 2020

Fiber Monday 311: One Day Crochet

In Which I Oopsed Another Birthday

So yesterday was my mother's birthday. I had forgotten. I always forget. I have a major problem with annual dates. I literally only remember my birthday, my partner's birthday, Christmas, New Year and Halloween. That's it. I remember literally nothing else.

I needed a quick gift for her.

After about two hours of rapidly skimming the Thread-Weight Free Patterns on Ravelry, I found this pattern. While it was technically an afghan square and therefore any-weight yarn or thread, I decided I'd give it a go with some dusty rose thread and a 1mm hook:

I think it came out really well!

My only alteration is a row of sc all around the square with ch3 at each corner (to maintain cornery-ness). I clipped the thread and wove it in with an embroidery needle, and I was finished just in time to deliver it in person!

It seemed like a happy birthday, to me :)

All told, this project probably took anywhere from 30 minutes to an hour (I was not paying attention to the time :| ).

So yes, if you're looking for a quick project to make for an occasion (or you'd like to make yourself a cool looking afghan), then definitely try the pattern!

Go Enjoy Something
FC

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are now moderated, so if your comment doesn't appear right off, it's just bc I haven't seen the email yet sorry!